Chapter 8

CHAPTER EIGHT

Elijah

She fucking jumped. She fucking jumped. She fucking jumped.

No matter how furiously these simple three words circled my head, and no matter how many times her action kept repeating inside my mind...I couldn't fathom reality.

She actually fucking jumped.

The scenario triggered a hunting memory that was still like a fresh wound in my mind, heart, and soul. I grasped the painful wound and accepted the fury and anger that came with it and let it boil inside me.

There had been no fear or regret in her eyes. The only two emotions that radiated through her piercing blue eyes were strength and anger.

If she was angry then I was pissed.

This. Was. Not. Part. Of. The. Fucking. Plan.

"Fuck." I roared out in frustration and stalked toward the rock she jumped from. She was going to fucking regret doing this. When I find her, her punishment will be beyond her limit.

I searched for any living sign of her but I saw nothing. The fog hid any trace of finding her and I let out another mad curse.

Curling my fists and ignoring any second thoughts, I jumped after her. I already knew there was no other way around the other part of the jungle. After all, I knew the insides and outsides of this island. The map was like a perfect picture in my head. In other words, I was the motherfucking King of this island and jungle.

I landed with a loud splash and fell deep under the water. But my landing was imperfect as an intense pain hit my foot when it connected with a rock. I cried out in pain; water quickly rushed inside my mouth as bubbles left my open mouth. I coughed which made the condition worse.

Fuck you, Nelly.

Fuck. You.

I moved my hands and feet and swam upwards. I did not stop until I breathed in the fresh air and coughed until I could breathe evenly. Once my head was above the water, I managed to look around and tried to look for any sign of Nelly. None. Fucking none. Did she hurt herself too and drowned to death? A part of me laughed like a devil while the other part of me screamed for a redo. Drowning was an easy death and Nelly deserved a far worse death. I was yet not satisfied with the pain I inflicted on her. Not enough. She had to endure more pain. More sadness. More. More. More. And only then will I rest.

I moved from my spot and winced at the motherfucking pain that cursed through my body. I kept looking around but there was still no sign of her. I kept swimming away from the splashing waterfall to a much calmer corner. My eyes fiercely covered every corner until they stopped at something white floating in the water. I got you. I moved toward it and snatched it in my hand only to see it was the ugly bathrobe she had worn.

"Fuck you." I spit out and tossed the fabric away aggressively. 

Giving up I swam to the edge and jumped up from the water and landed with a huff on the dirty ground. I lifted my legs and placed them on the ground. I moved my ankle and grimaced silently at the pain. Not broken but it'll probably bruise like a bitch later. I gritted my teeth in annoyance and looked around, brushing my hair out of my face with my hands. "Where the fuck are you Nelly Diamond?" I lowly whispered, not hiding the fierce venom that poised every word. 

My hands itched to strangle her long and delicate neck. She was both my favorite and hatred toy I love to destroy. I've been awoken from the harsh pain and it's the only emotion I possessed. The only emotion that keeps me alive. It's only fair to inflict it on others, especially Nelly.