Chapter 03

I stare at her. I shake my head from side to side. I can't believe it. It can't be true.

"No. That's not possible. He can't be." I can't figure out what to say to her. Why would Veron love me?

Ronica looks down at the table,  a single tear going down her cheek.

"You don't what it's like to love a person that's in love with someone else." She whspers. 

I always thought I knew how that felt like. I had a crush on Veron when he was with Ronica. But I never loved him. The pain she might be feeling over this has to be so much worse than what I felt.

I stay quiet, just looking at the ground. I look up when I heard the screeching of the chair against the floor to see Ronica already standing up. Her eyes  wide open like a deer caught in headlight. They are red and shinning. She looks scared. 

"I wasn't suppose to tell you've anything. No." She tells me and then gather her purse in her hand. "I have to go." 

Before I couldn even say another word she is out the door.

I can't figure out what to do about this. How can Veron be in love with me? Why? He has Ronica who loves him, who suits him. Why would he wont from me? 

Even if everything is so confusing, I can feel butterflies dancing in my stomach just thinking about the fact that Veron loves me. 

He loves me!

Taking the menu back to the counter, I find Daniel giving me a sad smile.

"I saw what happened but I didn't hear anything." He didn't hear us screaming? Weird. " I'm sorry she left on you. There'll come another one just as pretty as this one. Don't worry." He smiles at me wickedly. He knows very well that I am not gay. 

"Oh, quit it!" I was smiling when I went to answer a customer calling for me.

At around 10 p.m. I left to come home. I was thinking about all this on the way home that it took me about 30 minutes. I walked slowly just to clear my head.

At home, I had a shower and took my phone to bed with a bowl of cereal, I logged into my Facebook account and a message pooped up.

Chelsea: Hey girl! Remember me?

I haven't seen her in nearly 2 years now. 

After I dropped out of high school, I met her only about once. She and Umiko are my best friends. Were, actually. I'm not sure if we are still best friend. We drifted apart because of everything that happened with my family, which they don't know exactly what it was. I couldn't explain. Also, I didn't want to. It's all a little embarrassing.

Me: Hey Chelly! How are you'll?

I hope she is online. Her message was sent at around 8.

Waiting for her reply, I went o Ronica's Fb page. Her relationship status has been changed to single. I knew Ronica when we were in high school cause Vernon dated her but I never knew more information about her. Looking at the page now, she is actually rich. As in her family is rich. Her parents own a huge house and it seems it's just outside of Seattle, her fathers a doctor it says but there's no mention of her mother.

Veron's page looks exactly the same, nothing changed since this morning, his family is rich as well with both his mother and father being doctors and his father having a hand in some businesses as well. Veron's page is full of photos of so many expensive cars. Most of the photos are a black and red BMW Z4. Have a feeling, they own all of these cars and the Z4 might be his.

Honestly, comparing everything, I should be invisible to them.

A 'ding' tells me Chelsea replied.