Chapter 20

That night, no matter how tired I was, I still saw that haunting blue eyes in my nightmare. So basically, I only had about 2 hours of sleep. 

I went to work the next morning. My heart felt really heavy with worry. I have to spend most of my time with Seth and I'm not sure how things will be between us now. I hope it won't be much awkward.

Saying hello to everyone I pass on my way to the room where I stay, I notice that the lights in Seth's office are turned on. So he is here. I don't know the time he comes to work but seems like he comes rather early. It's only 7'o clock now. 

Everyone's getting ready to start working now. There's a lot of cleaning and arranging to do and the cashiers are working with those computers. Everyone's busy doing something. I head over to the little room to find Jacob standing in front of his desk with a file in his hand. 

"Good morning Hope." 

"Good morning." I tried to make my voice sound a less heavy. But it's still heavy considering how my heart weights tons. 

Jacob looks up at me. "You have to work in the veggies section in the morning and in the evening you can come here and do those files." He points at the small stack on files on my desk.  

"I don't know what I have to do with these." I say. I did learn yesterday about how to operate the cashier bit nothing about managing the files. 

"I'll teach you. But in the morning, Seth will be with you to help you through the veggies."

I look down at the table and say nothing. That only makes Jacob be more concerned. "Is that not okay?"

I shake my head. "No. That's fine." I can't have problems with Seth. I've lost too many people to let him go as well. I can't do that. 

"Good. I hate to see you guys like this. Whatever the reason is for what happened last night, don't make that stand in the way of you guys. Seth isn't a bad guy." Jacob pats my shoulder.

"I know." I whisper. We get to work after that. 

I leave my bag on the chair in my table and taking a pen out of the pen holder, I go to meet Seth in his office. Reaching the door, I take a deep breath before knocking. I hear a faint "Come in" so I open the door and walk inside. 

Seth is sitting on his chair, looking down at a file. His right hand's holding a pen and he is running it through his hair with no pattern and that's making his hair stick out in every direction. 

I stay silent until he gets done with his work cause I don't want to disturb him. After awhile, he looks up at me and his hands stop in it's track. 

"Hi." He says. 

"Hi." My heart is slamming hard inside my chest. It's going nuts. 

"Hope." I can see him trying to be serious but with his hair being messy, it's really hard for me to think he is serious. "You have to work in the veggies today. I will guide you." 

He takes a file from a drawer and hands me a few papers from inside it. "These are the codes for all the vegetable we have here. Look at these while you work today. You can take these home and remember them, if you want." 

I look down at the paper to check the codes but nothing is going to my head now. I notice that Seth gets up from his chair and close the file he was reading, to walk out with me. 

I smile despite how awkward the situation is cause his hair looks so funny. I can't let him walk out like that. 

I look at him. "Seth?"