Hazy Days

She sat down on the living room floor with the rogues who had been her best friends during her teenage years

She sat down on the living room floor with the rogues who had been her best friends during her teenage years. How many parties had she gone to with these guys? How many fights had they had each other's backs during? They had been untouchable all through school.

"Goddess I missed you guys." She murmured, taking a swig out of the flask of moonshine they were passing between them. She'd been the first to break the silence. Marley leaned forward, elbows on her knees, forearms draping down. Her short blond hair was cut into a cute bob that made her features seem even more delicate than they usually did.

"Coulda fooled us Q. You just ditched us and threw yourself into that rehab. We ain't heard from you in over a year." He blue eyes narrowed, reminding Quinn how vicious Marley could be in wolf form. She was a brawler make no mistake.

"Mar is right yo." Chuck took a long drag on his cigarette and studied her, his usually playful gaze serious. "Aint chill to just walk away. You was ride or die. What happened?" His deep bass voice seemed to echo through the room, the dim lighting making his dark coffee colored skin appear darker. His hair, which he'd always worn natural had been done in cornrows, giving his features a more dramatic cast. His dark brown eyes seemed to see through her.

Rose walked over and sat on his lap, getting comfortable and taking a drag from his cigarette. They'd been on again off again lovers since she'd known them. It looked like they were in an on period. Chuck and Rose were both born for scouting and better at it than any pack scouter she'd ever met. Rose's pale skin was a stark contrast to Chuck's dark skin, her red hair a gentle complement to soft, gentle features and light green eyes. A smattering of freckles across her nose and cheeks gave her an innocent look that fooled everyone who saw her into thinking she was sweet.

"I say we shoulda let you rot bitch. The only reason I was chill with this is you had my back so much before. You better have a good explanation though."

"I for one don't care. We all got demons; I'm just glad to see you." Carly plopped down next to Quinn. Carly was Chuck's sister and had skin so dark she damn near disappeared at night. Her eyes were an intense yellow color because her wolf was always present, never dormant. It was why she was a rogue. She tended to go off at the slightest provocation, but a better friend she'd had yet to find. Her hair was longer than Quinn's own and in braids, like her brother's. She was sly and cunning and as loyal as they came.

Quinn bumped shoulders with Carly, and they grinned at each other. Then there was Damon. His hair was shaggy, falling to his shoulders and he had penetrating blue eyes and mocha colored skin. All of his features were so sharply contrasting with each other that he was alarmingly handsome. No one could tell if he was African American or middle eastern, and he wouldn't tell either, no matter how many times you asked. He was like that; mischievous. He liked to hide it behind a devil may care attitude, but he was every bit the alpha she was. They understood each other as only two Alphas can.

He didn't ask for an explanation. He just leaned against the side of the sofa, staring at her and waiting for her answer.

"Ima need a cigarette for this fucking conversation." She muttered, earning a few chuckles. Marley leaned forward and gave her a cigarette. She nodded her thanks and lit it, taking a drag, and welcoming the chemicals like a long lost sister.