Savage

"Where did he go?" She questioned, voice harsher than she had meant for it to be as she questioned Lemire, the wolf who had taken the Beta position after Kyle had abandoned it for her pack

"Where did he go?" She questioned, voice harsher than she had meant for it to be as she questioned Lemire, the wolf who had taken the Beta position after Kyle had abandoned it for her pack. The male shook his head as if trying to shake off the power in her voice and her alpha push. But he couldn't resist her for very long, especially not with Cenric's mark on her neck. She had partial influence over his pack. Once she marked Cenric in turn, that would be completed. 

"He ran off before the sun, too fast to track. No one has seen him since then." 

"Have you even had anyone out looking?" She asked, frustrated. 

"With respect Luna, this happens to Alpha Cenric every once in a while. Surely you know by now that his wolf must be let out to ravage and destroy occasionally. We do not send anyone to look for him for fear that our own pack members would suffer his unseeing wrath. I would suggest you do the same and simply wait for him to return." Quinn narrowed her eyes.

"For the most fearsome pack in the States, you're all a bit cowardly aren't you? Instead of letting your Alpha run rampant you should be working together to reign him in. Instead, you all just sit on your asses and cower in fear hoping it won't be you in his line of sight. Have you any useful information?" She growled out. 

"He went west." Her eyes widened. West. Where they had first smelled the rogues and come to realize Drayven's plans. 

"Damn it Cenric!" She yelled, shifting mid-run and taking off as quickly as she could. All their careful planning could be lost in a second if he gave the rogues any warning of his impending attack and he had an entire morning's head start on her. 

She was like lightning, the trees and greenery whipping past her, yet her senses missed nothing. Cenric's trail was getting colder by the moment. When she got to a small stream she lost his scent entirely and she halted, panting, nose hunting for any trace of her mate.  She shook her head, snorting in frustration and letting out a huff of annoyance. 

She jumped the stream and rooted about for a scent. Finally, she found it, and she was off running again, hoping to catch up with her mate before he did something stupid like outright attack Drayven before they were ready. They couldn't risk the slippery rogue escaping them or re-imprisoning Cenric with magick as he had done before. 

The scent he left behind went unerringly towards the border of pack lands and urgency spurred Quinn on even faster. She caught sight of him and skidded to a halt. He was in his half transformed monstrous state, hunting for prey. She shifted back into her skin and stumbled forward. 

He looked her way and growled almost as if not recognizing her at first. Then he sniffed the air and came towards her. It took a great deal of her willpower not to flinch but she managed it. Just. He let out a low rasping growl at her and she bared her neck in submission, not wanting to rile him. 

He sniffed at the vulnerable skin of her neck and then nuzzled her, recognizing her as his mate. Then he turned to continue the hunt. She halted him with a hand on his arm and he growled viciously at her. 

"Cenric, you need to stop this! You will ruin all of our plans. You need to take control back and you need to do it now!" But there was nothing of Cenric in his eyes, only a savage beast intent on the kill and the hunt. He pushed her back and she went flying, landing hard on her back. The breath was knocked out of her for a good long moment and it was more than enough for him to disappear. 

"Shit." She grumbled, pulling herself up quickly and standing up. She had a few scratches on her but nothing that would not quickly heal. She ran through the forest, hoping to catch up to him, but the scent of blood and terror reached her before her mate's scent did. 

"No, Cenric, no..." She came into a small clearing and there he was, covered in blood and at his feet was the remains of a rogue that he'd torn to shreds. She kept her stomach barely, the scent of gore and bile dominating the air. The rogue's death had been very fast and she could only hope that the dead wolf had not gotten a warning out to drayven. Cenric was slowly changing back into his skin side. 

"Quinn." He murmured, looking straight at her and not at what he had done as if daring her to judge him for his actions. 

"This was not the time for you to lose control of your wolf Cenric. What if that Rogue told Drayven about you before you killed him?"

"I was fast, my Mate, and I needed the release otherwise I would have lost it near the pack where there are females and pups. Would you rather I had done that?" 

"Of course not! But we need to get back now." They made their way there quickly, Quinn looking out for an attack, but none were forthcoming. When they got to the Pack House Cenric went to clean up and Quinn called out to the triplets. They came sauntering up to her together. 

"What can we do for you, Luna?" Alexander questioned. 

"I need for two of you to go to Alpha Damien in Russia and see if he will be willing to aid Cenric with control of his wolf. I say two because with a battle coming I don't wish to lose all three of you, but I know you don't like to be separated." All three of them grinned at her and then shared a long glance with each other. Micah, the black-eyed triplet spoke up. 

"Richard and I will go. Alexander can stay and assist with the battle. Is this agreeable, Luna?" Micah grinned. There was something about Micah which made her feel like he was always mocking her in some way, but then, that was how he spoke to everyone. It always put Cenric on edge, then again the triplets tended to steer clear of Cenric so it wasn't usually an issue. 

"Sounds good to me. Hurry back though." Richard and Micah nodded and then turned to go make ready for travel, she assumed. Alexander smiled down at her. 

"Not to worry, Luna. Everything will work out." His eyes flashed gold and she felt peace suffuse her being. Somehow, she believed him.