One by One.

She ran through the forest, savoring her oneness with nature as she ran

She ran through the forest, savoring her oneness with nature as she ran. Cenric was on her heels as they moved through their territory, approaching the territory line. Quinn checked on the other warriors through the link in her mind. Everyone was moving in perfect unison. Good. 

-Everyone attack, but remember to do it from upwind and don't give them a chance to mind link Drayven in case he's established some kind of pack bond with them. - She felt everyone agree with her except for Cenric who she knew was on her side. 

They reached the borderline and crossed it without a pause, tracking the scent of the rogue with no issues. They were on the unsuspecting wolf before he even knew what him, clamping down on his throat and twisting viciously so as to take him out before he could make a sound or mind-link anyone. 

Then they were off to the next one. This is what Quinn had all of her pack warriors doing. A stealth mission to take out the rogues scouting her pack territory. By all of the blips she was getting through the mind-link it was going very successfully too, like clockwork. Once enough of the scouting rogues were dealt with she ordered a pull-back. Everyone did as they were told, making their way to the pack house where they all shifted back to human. 

There were smiles all around as they all congratulated each other on a job well done. 

Drayven

He winced as his connection to seven of his allies was severed. He stood up, staring into the flames of his campfire, none of the rogues with him aware of the loss in numbers. But why only seven? If Quinn was onto him it would have been far more like her to all-out attack in vengeance at his daring. But she only took out seven of his scouts. 

He needed to figure out what her game was. He had more wolves coming and he could afford to wait before the all-out attack. Frankly, he had hoped to attack with the forces he had now, but he hadn't expected how large Cenric's pack had grown, or was it Quinn's pack. He still wasn't totally sure about that. 

He noted that Quinn had yet to mark Cenric and he hoped the words he had spoken to her had caused enough doubt to create that rift between the two. While they stood divided he had a chance of winning this game, but if they were united, running a cohesive pack and especially one with so many warriors he would never win. As long as Cenric's neck remained clear of Quinn's marking, he stood a chance. 

Two Days Later 

Seven more rogues lost. That made fourteen lost in two days. He roared out in rage and slammed his fist into a nearby tree, making it shake. Once upon a time when he'd had a pack, he had been the next in line to be Alpha. But his pack had been weak under his father's leadership and they had picked a fight with the wrong pack, one led by a Lupus Antiqua up in Alaska. They hadn't stood a chance and all his pack had paid the price for his father's arrogance and greed. All except for him. 

Drayven had been left alive by the ancient alpha because he'd been so very young and the Ancient thought he was a noble creature. Drayven gritted his teeth and paced back and forth in agitation. He needed to gain control of that pack, he needed control back over Cenric's power and most of all he needed Quinn. She was the only Luna powerful enough to give him the balance he needed. 

Anyone who followed the old ways knew that the Luna is the heart and soul of the pack and if he was going to become powerful enough to take on his enemy, he needed the strongest heart and soul he could find. Cenric's mark could be removed for his own. It would be a harrowing process for her but it could not be avoided. He had to take Cenric's place. 

It was nothing personal against Cenric really. He didn't so much mind the male, his penchant for ripping apart random rogues for fun aside. He'd joined the pack knowing what their burden was and knowing he had the benefit of surprise on his side. He was hoping for the same thing again. 

The trick this time was not underestimating Quinn as he had the first time and finding a way to subdue her enough to get her on his side. He chuckled in a manic way. He would figure everything out. He just needed to get Cenric under control, and then he would be able to manage Quinn. The Rogues he had coming for backup would be here soon enough and then he could attack in force. Surely victory would be his then, so long as he didn't lose any more warriors. 

Using the temporary mind link he had established with his allies he pulled them back further from Quinn and Cenric's territory, hoping that would stop the warriors from the newly established pack from lashing out. He just needed to buy time. Yes. He just needed to buy himself some time. 

And once he had won, once all of his plans had come to fruition, he would seek his revenge and attack with the full force of his ill-gotten gains. With the power, he took he would be able to wipe out the powerful Alaskan pack and their villainous ancient Alpha once and for all. Once he had his revenge, then he would settle on these verdant lands and become the most powerful of all Alphas as he believed was his destiny, with the powerful Luna Quinn at his side. 

Drayven genuinely believed that there was no way he could lose. After all, were his reasons not as valid as anyone else's? He would make Quinn understand.