Chapter One

I had spent most of my childhood playing football. I was always one of the best on my teams, and everyone knew it. I played every game and always the same position: offensive midfielder. I've always been one of the guys entrusted with the ability to make goals.

Foot ball was my passion. I knew I wanted to be a professional footballer when I grew up. I practiced practically every day, even the days I was sick. I was super dedicated. My mum didn't like that I spent so much time playing, but the rest of my family did. My grandad was always the first to arrive at my games, and he always gave me a celebration. This kind of praise led me to continue at my hardest and gain a footballing scholarship at Manchester University.

At eighteen, months before I was to head off to university, I was offered an opportunity of a lifetime: to play on a profession football team. Now I had to decide on university or the football team. I, of course, chose the professional team. My mum wasn't pleased with my decision at the time, but she eventually grew okay with it.

The team I ended up joining was the highest ranked team in the league and consisted of seventeen other people, three of which I became close friends with. Liam Payne and Zayn Malik were newbies along with me so we got on quite well. Liam was able to play two different positions: Goalkeeper and centre fullback, usually taking the centre fullback position. He was the best fullback on the team, and it was quite obvious. Zayn, on the other hand, was a great, strong, centre forward.

The third person I became good friends with was Louis Tomlinson. He had been on the team for almost two years, starting out at nineteen. He played along with me as a midfielder. His usual position was defensive midfielder, but at some points he took the left. Most of the other players were only good in defense. Only one of the seven substitutes was good in offense, but in the middle of my second year on the team, he quit, leaving us with no good offensive replacements.

Our team was unable to replace the substitute at the time because many guys the coaches sent letters denied saying they wanted to go to university first. The guys in the midfield and I were forced to be as careful as possible during games due to having no replacement, and that put a lot of pressure on us.

I had spent two full years and heading into the third when something tragic happened: Louis tore his ACL and we were left without a defensive midfielder. The coaches tried all the substitutes, but every last one of them was terrible. They decided this time to hold auditions, hoping to find someone good and worthy enough to make our team. This event caused my entire life to change.

______________________________________________________________________________________

So this is the first chapter to my new story :3 I did a whole freaking lot of soccer research for this one, so if you don't fully understand all the soccer terms and such, just look em up CX

I really hope you guys like it. Leave some feedback, please? I need to know it it's worthy of being updated more.

Thanks for reading!

Follow me on Instagram, twitter, or tumblr: {NarrysXFactor} I use the same username for everything xD

~Taylor :*