Chapter Three

I woke up the next morning freezing my ass off. Sometime in the middle of the night my blanket ended up laying fully on the floor, and my naked body was exposed to the cold air of my room. I slowly made my way out of bed, touching the cold wooden floor with my bare feet and going into my bathroom. I used the toilet and took a shower, then got dressed in my football uniform.

After getting dressed, I went into my kitchen and poured myself a bowl of Cheerios. I sat in silence as I ate, thinking about how the day was going to go. Coach was only going to pick five people to move on to tomorrow's part of the scouting. I had to make sure the Horan boy didn't make it through.

When I got done eating, I went back to my room and got my phone from my side table and called Louis.

"Hey mate," I said once he answered, "I'm about to come get you."

"Okay. I'm ready," he told me as I walked out of my room and grabbed my keys from the kitchen counter.

"Great. I'll see you in a bit." I hung up and headed out the door, locking it behind me, then got into my car and headed to Louis's house. He didn't live but five minutes away from me, so getting to him was no problem.

When I got to Louis's house he was sitting out on his porch with his crutches leaned up against the house. When he saw me he smiled and slowly stood up, grabbing his crutches and hobbling down the three steps.

"Hey," I greeted when he got in. "How's your leg?"

"Eh, it could be worse," he answered. "I'm still pretty bummed that I won't get to play this season."

"Me too man." We pulled out of Louis's driveway and made our way to the football field, continuing to talk as we did.

"So most of the guys in the scouting suck," Louis said with a laugh. I laughed along and nodded.

"Probably the only guy with a shot is the Irish one," he said. "Niall, right?" I groaned.

"Why do you guys like Horan so much?" I asked angrily.

"Well he isn't too bad. The boys a great kicker and-"

"Yeah he's a great kicker," I said, emphasizing the only thing the boy was actually good at. "What if he's a horrid runner? What if he can't keep up? What if he just got lucky with that shot? He could be so much worse then what you all think."

"Whoa, whoa," Louis said, throwing his hands up in defense. "What's got you in such a cranky mood?"

"I don't want Horan to move on," I said simply.

"Why?" Louis asked, completely confused.

"I just don't," I replied, trying to avoid the reason why.

"But it makes no sense. You don't even know him."

"Look Louis let's just drop it we're almost-"

"Wait!" Louis shouted, cutting me off and scary the shit out of me. "You feel threatened by him. Don't you?"

"What?" I asked, completely appalled. "Of course not!"

"Bullshit. He's good and you feel threatened."

"No I don't," I stated, pissed off at him.

"Harry, he's good, really he is, but he isn't as good as you, alright? Give the boy a chance. We might need him. Badly."

I scoffed. "I doubt that." Louis sighed, obviously frustrated.

No more than a minute later, we pulled into the parking lot of the practice field and quickly got out and headed over to Coach. The boys trying out were already there along with Liam, Zayn, Michael, Alex, and Drew, guys already on the team.