Chapter Four

"Harry wake up," I heard Louis whisper softly. I groaned and turned over only to fall onto the floor. I let out a loud groan while Louis laughed really hard.

"Shut up," I mumbled, opening my eyes. Louis was standing above me, his crutches supporting him. I was on the ground between his brown leather couch and his pearl coffee table. My back was hurting from the contact of the hard wooden floor so I lay there for a few minutes grumbling to myself.

"Get up lazy bones," Louis said tapping his good foot against my thigh.

I groaned. "Fine. Can I take a shower?" I stood up and Louis nodded then made his way into his laundry. He came back with a towel and tossed it at me. My reflexes didn't catch in in time so it landing on my face.

"Thanks," I mumbled, making my way to Louis's bathroom which was the first door on the left in his hallway. I hung the towel on the towel rack and started undressing and then turned the water on. Right before I stepped in, Louis knocked on the door.

"Hey mate," he said. "I washed your footie uniform so I'm just gonna lay it on the back of the couch, okay?"

"Thanks mate!" I said, stepping into the shower.

-

"So I have decided that this will be the last day of the scouting," Coach said to the five boys lined up. "I've also decided that two of you will make the team instead of one. Now today, we'll be doing the same as yesterday. This time with our full team. First, I want everyone to stretch. We don't need any injuries during practice, alright?"

We all went off to our own parts of the field and did stretches. I was between Zayn and Liam, and we were doing our stretches in perfect synch. I noticed Niall over by the boy, Hayden I think. They were sitting down stretching, laughing together. I glared in disgust at the small blonde boy. He wasn't worthy enough to be on our team, I just knew it.

"What are you staring at?" Liam asked, and I froze.

"Nothing," I muttered, looking away from Niall and down at my feet, continuing to stretch.

"By the way you look at Horan you'd think you were in love with the guy," Zayn snickered.

"I don't like blokes," I said simply yet angrily.

"Says the boy staring at another boy, eh," he scoffed.

"Shut up," I demanded. He rolled his eyes and sat down to continue his stretching.

-

"Alright boys," Coach said, rubbing his hands together. "Let's get this game started."

Coach had put us in the same positions as the day before just with extra people, of course. This time, Niall and I were called to the center of the field for a coin toss to see which team got the ball first.

"Heads or tails?" Coach asked me.

"Heads."

He flipped the coin and Niall and I watched as it went up high into the air. It came back down and Coach caught it with ease then flipped it onto the backside of his hand.

"Tails," he said and Niall and the boys on his side pumped their fists into the air. I crossed my arms and let out a grumble then went back to my position.

Niall had the ball first and he easily got the ball passed me. What can I say? My head just wasn't in the game.

I made my way down the field directly behind him as he dribble the ball then sent it flying over to Ashton, a boy that's been on our team for around a year. Ashton's usually my right hand man during games. If I end up screwing up somewhere, he fixes my screw up and I swear I owed him my life.