Chapter 5

It's been a week now, and this week has actually been... long. Not the terrible kind of long no but it seemed to just drag out.
    I've learned a lot about the guys. Russia is caring and protective, he also doesn't like his father too much. I noticed the bandages wrapped around his fore arms, sometimes when I catch him alone he looks... sad and upset. I hope to help him in some way at some point. I might ask the others... maybe America, but ... mostly argue or even sometimes get into physical fights. But I could tell their friends despite their constant... battles.
    Germany is similar to Russia except for one thing which I've noticed... he's a workaholic and loves to just shut himself in his room. Just like Russia, he doesn't really like his father either, he sometimes even ignores his father half the time.
    America ... well for one thing he has a little temper and seems to be full of energy. He is practically addicted to fast food but somehow he still in shape despite eating McDonald's. But there's this side to him when either Russia goes to far with his insults or if North and South actually hurt each other, he becomes really serious and deadly. Becoming something else.
France is the completely opposite, he's hyper and constantly happy no matter the situation. He kind of reminds of a child, excited and always lights up the room wherever he goes. But ... just like a child he is needy, constantly wanting attention.
Great Britain however... is like a noble or a king. He's very formal, speaking in fancy words constantly and sometimes even judging my clothes saying things along the line like, "That's something a lady shouldn't wear." But nonetheless we both have one thing in common... we are practically addicted to tea.
Poland however, unlike the others, is very shy and doesn't really talk that much. He keeps to himself mostly, but if you engage conversation with him he will gladly respond. We have very fun conversations sometimes about the weather, America, or even joke about what we did as children.
    South Korea is very similar to France but more of a toned down version. He however is sort of ... like America as well. He a little temper but not as bad as America, the only time I ever see it is when he argues or fights with North Korea.
    North Korea is different from his brother, he's very cold and has a sort of wall around him. Most of the time he picks fights with his brother or America. Whenever that happens he threatens to nuke them which of course they don't take seriously... he doesn't have a nuke at all at the moment. Despite all that, I know there's more to him then he leads on.... I just have to find a way to get him to open up.
    Philippines is almost a mix of all three. He's very hyper and excitable, there's a smile on his face 24/7. But he become very moody like a girl on their period. He can become... very cold and mean to without realizing it.
    Soviet Union however beats the cake. He acts more like a soldier or really general if anything. He speaks in a tone that demands attention all the time. I don't think I've ever seen him smile, unlike the others. I sort of caught North smiling at a picture of a kitten but he denies it.
Anyway Soviet is constantly questioning me on what I do for a living to what's behind the door they aren't allowed to go in. I could answer most of the questions but... some I would rather keep to myself.
    Third Reich isn't exactly what I expected, sure he's a maniac but he also has a sort of calmness to him. He has a way with words, he reasoned Soviet out of questioning me sometimes which leads to an argument, or he uses them to try and get his son's attention. However, he's a major flirt. It's like his hobby, whenever I'm alone in the living room reading a book or working on the projects assigned to me, he would come over and just flirt.
    Despite all that, I was able to finish the projects on time and submit them. I can't take all the credit though, Germany helped as will. He gave me ideas for the games plot or even setting, which I greatly appreciate.
    I sighed, sitting up from my bed pulling the covers back. I look at the time on my alarm clock. "Huh, I woke up on time for once." I mumble, pulling back the covers and getting out of bed.
    I opened up my closest, then I mentally facepalmed. 'I totally forgot about getting them new clothes!' I groan, I can't skip another day of work. Oh well, I'll buy some when I get off.
    I pull out a maroon dress with small flower littering it but the flowers were pretty spaced out. The sleeves on the dress stopped right above my elbows, in a sort of ruffle. In the chest area the top being slightly unbuttoned, it didn't show anything though so I just left it like that.
    I changed into it quickly and left my room, grabbing my phone as I went. I have mostly every countries number on their except for North, Soviet, and Reich. Soviet and Reich is actually understandable but... I don't know why North refuses to give me his number. I shrug at the memory, oh well.
    I went into the bathroom and prettied myself up. Once I was satisfied, I left the bathroom and went downstairs. I slipped on my sandals then walk into the living room to see if anyone is awake. To my luck there was, North Korea was wide awake, reading a book.
    "Hey North." I call out silently getting his attention. He looked up asking in his normal cold tone, "What do you want?"
    "I'm going back to work today, you don't mind tell the others as well do you?" I ask with a bright smile.
    "When will you be back?" North Korea questioned.
    "Probably not until late, like around ten or something." I answered.
    "Alright see you later." He said coldly with a nod, then turned back to his book.
I waved in return, grabbing the keys of the small table by the door and left. I locked the door behind me, then walked along the sidewalk connected to the driveway. I walk up to my white Camaro which had two black stripes going down the back.
I unlocked the car, slipping through the car door. I pushed a button on the side, the engine rumbling to life. I backed out of the driveway then onto the road that led out of my property. It was a ten second drive till I reach the gate. I rolled down my window punching in the code to open it. "Jeez, at sometimes I think my brother goes too far." I mumbled, waiting for the gate to open fully.
Once the black gate swung all the way, I drove out onto the main road. One of the benefits living in this mansion is that there is hardly anyone around. To be honest, I think my brother took after the design of Batman or Tony Stark by the way he built this mansion.
Don't get me wrong, I love this place. I hated living in the city, there was pollution, constant noise, crowds. In my opinion, the city was basically a theme park just without any entertainment.
I entered the city, heading towards the outskirts of downtown. I parked in front of a large glass building labeled (L/N) Corps.
I stepped out of the car, grabbing my keys and leaving the car making sure to lock it. I walk up to the building, going through the double glass doors.
"Welcome Miss (L/N)!" The lady at the desk said with a bright smile. I smiled in return, walking past the desk towards the elevator. I pressed the up button and waited for the elevator to come.
"You've met her?" I heard a girl ask someone behind me. I didn't bother to turn around and look.
"Yes, she interviewed me when I first came here." Another girl replied.
"Really? What was she like?" The girl I heard before ask.
"She seems nice and very welcoming but ... I can see past her act. She's a snobby spoiled littler girl." The other girl answered.
I forced myself not to wince, I know who they are talking about now.
"Really? I knew the nice act was all fake." The other girl replied.
"Yep, no doubt she used her pretty looks to get herself to the top." The girl scoffed.
"What do you mean? She has those red eyes! Every guy who comes her way gets intimidated by her! I doubt she ever had a before because of her demon looks!" The other girl laughed.
"You know what I think? I think she'll end up like her brother." That struck a nerve, I controlled myself keeping my composure. When will this elevator come down?
"Your right, she made so many enemies already just like her brother. I heard their very similar." The other girl responded.
"Yep! Both spoiled little bitches from a rich family. Well I guess the brother is a bastard."
"If you don't mind." I spoke, turning to face the two girls. They flinched as they realized who I was. "I would appreciate it if you kept those disgusting words in your mouth." At that moment the elevator doors open, allowing me to walk into the elevator. I pressed the number 15 and the doors closed. The girls in front of me giving me looks of horror as the door closed.
I scoffed, "Idiots." But I couldn't help feel hurt and exhausted after that experience. They aren't the first and they aren't going to be the last. The ones that hurt that most were my friends that I lost when I took this job for my brother's sake. They threw awful words in my direction as well. I hear it everyday, 24/7. From either co workers, board members, or even interns. I sighed, "How much longer is this going to last."