CHAPTER 5

Yasmin's P. O. V.
“All right. It says that we still need one tear, and I never cry,” Mal deadpanned as I sighed, only for Jay to say, “Why not use your powers?”

“It has limits, remember? Can't make a person fall in love with you,” I reminded him by listing the rules as he made an o with his lips, remembering the rules and Carlos suggested, “Let's just chop up some onions.”

“No,” Mal continued, “ It says that we need one tear of human sadness. And this love potion gets the best, so we have to follow it exactly.”

“A tear's a tear,” I rolled my eyes at Jay as I went beside him sitting on the table, minding my own business.

“That's not true, Jay,” Evie said as she started explaining about the human tear, “They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear.”

“Listen to you,” I said chuckling as Mal went back to mixing the dough as I heard Jay mumbled, “I knew that.”

“Did not,” Carlos and I told him as we started bickering, only for us to stop when Lonnie came rushing in, “There you are, Mal!”

“I was looking for you. You know, all the girls want you to do their hair!” Exclaimed Lonnie as she saw the bowl in front of Mal, I quickly levitated the napkin on the spell book so Lonnie wouldn't recognize it, “Midnight snacks, huh?”

“What you guys making?” Questioned Lonnie as Mal answered, “Nothing special, just—”

“Oh no, no!” We all said at the same time as Lonnie dipped her pointing finger to the dough and lick the dough, as she looked at us all weirdly, “What? I'm not gonna double dip.”

“Feel anything?” Questioned Evie as I came to Mal's side to suspect anything, “Is it missing something?”

“Hey there,” Said Jay flirtatiously as he went to my side, putting his arm on my shoulder as he made me as a wall to lean on.

“Just because I'm 2 inches shorter than you doesn't mean you can make me your wall,” I mumbled at him as I pushed his arm away from me making him slip a bit, but Carlos got to him quickly.

“It could use some chips,” Lonnie suggested as she went to the refrigerator to get the so called chips.

“What are those?” I questioned Lonnie as she handed us a bowl of what I presume chocolates, just like the ones we've seen in the limousine.

“Chocolate chips,” Said Lonnie as she took some into her mouth and the others to the bowl but before I could try one and decides that this is now my favorite food, “Just the most important food group.”

“Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies?” Lonnie questioned, “Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and...” Trailing off to look at our faces, she asked, “why are you all looking at me like that?”

“It's not the same where we're from,” I informed to her, just thinking about the thought of our parents and how they treat us. I mean, dad treats me as a princess but to Jay, he teaches him to be the baddest he could ever be, same to me. That's why I'm called the evil princess at the Isle.

“Yeah, I know. I just, you know, I thought... Even villains love their kids,” Said Lonnie trying to cheer the mood up, but when it didn't a tear fell from her eye, “How awful.” Mal noticing quickly, took the tear with her finger letting it fall quickly into the bowl as she said, “Yeah, well, big bummer.”

“We have to get these into the oven, so thank you so much for coming by. Really, really have a good night,” Said Mal as Lonnie nodded, getting out of the room as I yelled, “Evil dreams!”

“Okay, boys, cookie sheet! Evie, Yassi, oven,” Ordered Mal as we started to go prepare the dessert.

~

“Look, it's Mal,” Said the girls as they greeted Mal and I, who is walking to our lockers with my brother, Jay.

“Are you feeling kind of weird about this? I mean, it's not so bad here, you know,” Said Jay as if he has gotten all soft inside, I snapped my fingers in front of his face and said, “Have you gone mad? Listen here, brother! We're evil, vicious, cruel, terrible, bad news! And that's never gonna change!”

“Thanks little sis, I needed that,” Jay said giving me a pat on my shoulder as he went to the girls, flirting with them as I rolled my eyes, closing my locker only to realize that Peter was there the whole time when Jay left.
“Hey, Yassi! How's your day today?” Questioned Peter, smiling wide at me as I made the gesture back at him, “It was fine, now that you're here.”

“Ah, I see,” He said, rubbing the back of his neck, looking down on his feet sheepishly as he hesitated a bit, “Y-you are going to the tourney game later?”

“Uh, yeah, I have nothing to do and Evie wants me to wear an outfit she made just for me, so yeah,” I said as he nodded at me.

“Okay. Least I know I have someone to cheer for me,” He said kissing my cheek leaving me before whispering to my ear, “My Jasmine.”

“You are my one and only Princess Jasmine,” Said Harry as he kissed my cheek, making me roll my eyes as I argued, “I ain't no princess, Hook.”

“You are to me.”

Realizing that Mal was giving the cookie to Ben, I quickly regained myself from the distant memory of Harry and I as I slowly went to the two, the gang following my move too.

“Mal, have you always had those little golden flecks in your eyes?” Said Ben as he looked deeply into Mal's eyes, smiling wide taking another bite from the cookie. Jay went to his side as I took the cookie and put it back inside the plastic wrapper while Jay asked, “How you feeling bro?”

“Like singing your name, Mal! Mal!” Ben said singing loudly as I covered his mouth to shut him up.