chapter one

O N E
Chapter one !

“SO, HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE MOVE ?” A woman asked. She had short blonde hair pulled back into a tiny ponytail, and had glasses sitting on her nose, while she tapped her pen against her clipboard. The clipboard was decorated with all kinds of stickers, and it made Harley want to gag. The young girl didn’t want to reply, so she focused all her attention to her sweatshirt sleeve.

The older woman waited patiently for an answer, and when one didn’t come, she asked again. “Harley ? The move to Forks, how do you feel about it ?”

Knowing she wouldn’t be able to ignore the lady once more, Harley shifted in her seat while sighing. “It doesn’t matter how I feel about it, it’s still gonna happen.”

The woman giggled lightly, and stopped tapping her pen to write. “You’re right, but I would still like to know how you feel.”

“Like I said Mrs. White, I may not like it but I can’t change it.”

The blonde nodded and wrote some things down. “Well maybe-” The woman was cut off by the sound of an alarm clock going off. She sighed and put the clipboard down on her desk, before getting up and smoothing her skirt down. The alarm had stopped, and as she stood in front of Harley, she almost looked sad.

“It’s been a pleasure to have you as my patient, Harley, and I hope you have a good time in Forks.”

Harley looked up at the woman, and felt a pang of sadness. She coughed in her sleeve before standing up, the oversized sweater and sweatpants being her outfit. She stuck out her hand for the woman to shake.

"Thanks, I had a good time here, I wish I could stay." Harley said.

Mrs. White smiled sadly. "I do too sweetie, but I've emailed all your paperwork to your new therapist in Forks, so they know everything about you."

The dark haired girl rolled her eyes. "Oh gosh that's so great ! Can't wait to have a complete stranger know everything !"

The older woman sighed. "I don't like the sarcasm young lady. But anyways, you should be going. Stay safe in Forks."

Mrs. White brought Harley into a big hug, and Harley patted her back awkwardly. Pulling away, the doctor smiled kindly at her before leading her out of the office, forcing Harley to be alone once again.

WALKING OUT OF THE BUILDING, HARLEY WALKED TO A BUS STOP AND SAT DOWN. The Phoenix heat making her sweat, while she lit a cigarette. The teenager may have had an addiction to cigarettes, but she wouldn't admit it.

This was normal for Harley. Her mother was always late when it came to picking her up, but seeing as it's the last day in Phoenix for the two sisters, Harley assumed she would be a little later than usual.

Harley watched as people walked by while she sat sweating on a random bench. She did the same action over and over again, she put the cigarette between her lips, breathed in, and blew out. She played games while she did so to pass the time, like counting how many strangers she saw that were wearing red, or how many blue cars would drive by.