chapter five

F I V E 
Chapter five !

THE NIGHT SPENT AT WANDA'S HOUSE WAS FUN. Harley enjoyed Wanda's company, and her mother's too. Wanda's mother was a kind woman, who worked at the local homeless shelter. Wanda's dad was a professor at the Forks Community College. 

Although Wanda complained about her bedroom's wallpaper, Harley found it to be quite nice, the floral pattern was pretty and simple. The girls talked and gossiped on Wanda's bed until dinner was ready, then the two of them went to the kitchen to eat the quesadillas Wanda's mom had made for dinner. 

Mrs. Williams was kind enough to drive Harley home, and she liked to play 80's pop in the car. The ride was short lived, as it took what felt like three seconds to get to any destination in the small town. 

Getting out of the car, Harley waved to the two women. The window on Wanda's passenger seat rolled down, and her head popped out. 

"Thanks for hanging out with me, we should do it again." She said, a soft smile on her face. 

Harley nodded. "Yeah of course, I really like hanging out with you." She confessed. 

The two girls just stared at each other smiling until another voice spoke. 

"Oh Harley ! You were such good company, please come over again soon !" Mrs. Williams said. 

Wanda shook her head in embarrassment and Harley chuckled. "Of course, I enjoy being at your house." 

The three women exchanged goodbyes once again, but alas, the Williams had drove off back to their own home. Harley turned around in the driveway and looked at her house, Bella's light was on in her room, and the kitchen light was on as well. Harley was quickly reminded about today's events as her eye and cheekbone throbbed with pain. It was a reminder of the fight she had with Bella, the fight with Jessica, and last period. 

Two bittersweet situations, and one situation so sweet your teeth would rot. 

Being with Wanda was like being in Candyland. Super sugary and sweet, with bright colours too. Even though the Swan girl had only just met Wanda that day, she knew she had already liked the girl. She hoped that her and the raven haired teen would be best friends, though to Harley it felt like they already were. 

Sighing, the sophomore walked down the driveway, and up the steps to the front door. She sighed for a moment, preparing herself for what might come, and opened the door. 

She walked into the warm house, that smelled faintly of burgers. Harley couldn't hear anything, so she decided to take her chances and just try and go to her room. But that didn't work. 

"Where were you ?" Asked Charlie, and as Harley turned to look at him she could see the exhaustion in his face. He was sitting in his usual seat at the dinner table, he had changed into his pajamas, but had his phone in his hand. 

She didn't have a good answer, and was afraid he would do a whole lecture like her mother would. "I was with a friend." She said, her voice almost a whisper. 

Charlie let out a sigh, and rubbed his eyes with his hand. "A friend ? And you didn't think to call me ? Or text ?" He asked. As he watched her he noticed the bruise on her face, he would ask about it later, but for now Charlie just wanted an explanation.