chapter three

T H R E E

Chapter three !

HARLEY WOKE UP AT SIX THIRTY IN THE MORNING. She then proceeded to fall back asleep. The two other residents of the Swan household kept knocking on her door to wake her up, but nothing worked. Harley didn't want to go to school, she didn't want to be the new kid. 

Harley had been friends with a new kid at her old school, back in Phoenix. She knew how hard it was for that boy to come out of his comfort zone, to feel accepted. She was afraid to be in his position now, especially while worrying if other people knew of her mental illness. 

It's a small town, and Charlie told Billy. What's stopping Charlie from telling his other friends or colleagues, and them telling their spouses and their friends ? Harley was tired before the day had even begun. 

Bella banged on the younger sibling's door once again. "Hurry up ! We're gonna be late." She called. 

Harley squinted at the clock on her bedside table that read "7:21" on it. 

"You said that seven minutes ago !" Harley called back. 

"Let's go. You're lucky it's a five minute drive to the school." Bella yelled. 

Harley sat up and glared at the door. "It's a five minute drive to get anywhere in this goddamn town !" The brunette muttered a word she was thankful Bella didn't hear, or else Bella might have killed her.

Groaning, the tired girl stood up and walked to her closet. She decided to put all of her clothes in it at 2 a.m.. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to do it so late. 

Harley glanced at her clothes before pulling two articles of clothing out and throwing them on her bed. She moved to her dresser and got out a new pair of underwear, socks, and a clean bra. 

She took her time getting ready, and as Bella knocked on her door again, she stood up and swung it open. Bella's brown eyes clashed with her own blue eyes as the sisters glared at each other. 

Bella was taller, which made stare offs like these harder for Harley to pull off. "I'm glad you're dressed, finish up and then we'll leave." Bella said stiffly before walking down the hallway and down the stairs. 

As Harley walked into the bathroom she heard the conversation downstairs. 

"Is she ready ?" She heard Charlie ask. 

"Just got dressed." 

"Has she taken her meds yet ?" He asked.

Bella sighed before replying. "I'll make sure she does." 

Harley scoffed before getting some toothpaste on her toothbrush. She wet the brush and shoved it in her mouth. 

Bella stomped up the stairs which didn't go unnoticed by either Charlie or Harley, and Harley rolled her eyes as she brushed her teeth. 

The older sister came to stand in the doorway of the bathroom, simply watching her sister while Harley kept her gaze on her reflection in the mirror. She spat out her toothpaste before rinsing out her mouth and toothbrush.