0.1

DING DONG

"Diane! Can you get that?" Diane, who was sitting in the kitchen, turned her head to face her husband, Rogers.

"Are you kidding me? You're going to ask your very pregnant wife to answer the door?" she yelled back.

"It's probably Kris." Tyler came running down the stairs to the door. He opened it to see that he was correct and that his childhood best friend was standing at his door with her bags.

"Kris!" Tyler exclaimed and opened his arms. She instantly dropped her stuff and jumped into her friend's arms. Tyler caught her and spun her around. She giggled at his greeting.

"I'm so glad you're here. It's gonna be the best summer ever," Tyler told his friend as they pulled away from the hug. Kris smiled.

"Yea. Thanks again for letting me stay here for the summer. An empty house with no money for food is not my idea of a good summer. But staying with my favorite person in the world and being an official Junior Rescue is," she responded.

"Definitely." Tyler picked up her stuff and led her into the house that she has been in so many times before which she will call home for the next couple of months. Diane walked out of the kitchen to meet the friends in the doorway.

"Kris! Hi! It's so good to see you." Diane smiles at the young girl which she gladly returned.

"Diane! Thank you again for letting me stay here for the summer," Kris thanked.
"Oh, it's no problem," she assured. "You're practically family. Where are your parents again?"

Kris faltered at the mention of her parents, something Tyler took notice to.

"Oh-oh. They're... in Europe! For umm... business! Yea. They're in Europe for business and they couldn't take me," she stumbled.

Diana didn't seem to notice her odd behavior unlike her son who did. He furrowed his eyebrows at her weird manner.

"Okay, Mom. I'm going to take her to my room." Tyler grabbed Kris' hand and pulled her upstairs to his room. Once they got there, they both dropped her stuff and plopped down onto his bed. They turned to look at each other before laughing.

"What was that earlier when my mom mentioned your parents?" Tyler asked.

"What are you talking about?" Kris questioned back playing dumb.

Tyler sighed. "You know what I'm talking about. Tell me the truth."

"I-" Kris was interrupted by a banging on the door.
"Tyler! Is your girlfriend here yet?" Sasha, Tyler's little sister, called from outside the door.

"She's not my girlfriend, Sasha." Tyler turned to his best friend. "Ugh. Why does she always do this?"

Kris chuckled. "I think it's cute. Come in, Sasha."

The little girl came barging in and tackled Kris into a hug.

"Yay! Kris is here! Now the summer's going to be fun!"

"Hey! I'm fun," Tyler argued.

The girls looked at each other before bursting into laughter.

"Okay. Okay. Ha ha." Tyler rolled his eyes at the two. "Okay, you saw Kris. Happy? Now get out of my room."

As Kris calmed down, Sasha made her way to the door, still laughing.

"Tyler... thinks he's fun," she mumbled in between laughter as she left the room.

"Was it really that funny?" Tyler asked.

"Sorry, Ty. You're just not that fun anymore."

"Whatever," he huffed.

"Don't worry," Kris assured. "I still love you you fun-less freak." He pulled her into a hug.

"I love you too."

:

"The Flounders. A ragtag team of rejects from the Valley assemble for one reason and one reason only. To fail. But they didn't fail. They didn't exactly succeed, but they didn't fail. Thanks to a technicality: they passed the Junior Rescue Training.

"Now, they'll be protecting the beaches of Malibu from Tower Two. Tyler, the wise guy with great hair. Gina, the tough one. Lizzie. Spunky, with a dark side. Dylan, the captain with a lot to prove. Kris, the talent. Eric, the heart of the group. And Tyler-"

"Hold on," Eric paused his video. "You already said Tyler," Gina said.
"I did?" Eric asked.
"You started with him."

"I think it's the right amount of me," Tyler countered. Gina and Kris shared a look before rolling their eyes at their friend's ego.

"Of course you do."

"'Spunky with a dark side?' I just don't see it," Lizzie disagreed. "Oh! Did I tell you? My dad was mowing the lawn in his bare feet and he cut off three toes. I asked the doctor if I could sew one on and he said maybe next time," she giggled. "I really hope there's a next time! Oh. 'Spunky with a dark side.' I hear it now."

"Yo, Eric, I can't believe you made this. Where'd you get the footage?" Tyler asked.

"Vooch shot it."

The five looked to the driver of the bus, Vooch. "I also do weddings and bar mitzvahs," he said. They looked to the back of the bus where a newlywed couple sat in their wedding attire.

"Hi," they greeted.

Vooch made his way to the part of the bus where the kids were sitting with his camera.

"Guys, squeeze in. I wanna get a pic of your first day as official Malibu Junior Rescue." They all moved closer together and smiled at the camera. "Everybody say who's driving?"

"Who's driving?" they all repeated as Vooch took a picture.
"Wait. Who is driving?" Kris asked. Their eyes widened and they screamed as the bus started to swerve.

:

The bus came to a screeching halt as they arrived at the Junior Rescue Headquarters. They filed out of the bus to meet Dylan, their captain, waiting for them.

"Hey guys!" she exclaimed. "Ready to save some lives?" Vooch came out of the bus with his camera, recording the interaction.

"Oh! Can you say it again? Eric's head was in the way," he complained.

Eric noticed Dylan's confused expression and explained what was happening. "Vooch has been filming us for weeks without our knowledge."

"Oh. That's... troubling."

HONK HONK

The angry bride poked her head out of the bus and glared at Vooch.

"All right, all right, I'm coming. I'll be right there." She rolled her eyes and disappeared back into the bus. "I'm so proud of you guys," Vooch gushed. "Aw! Kill it today, okay? No wait. Save it." As the wedding march played, the bus drove away leaving clouds of smoke as the cans attached to the bumper rattled against the pavement.

They coughed as smoke filled their lungs and the kids turned their attention back to Dylan.

"You guys," she beamed, "you're here! You're officially Malibu Junior Rescue!"

"Yeah." Tyler and Kris high-fived each other.

"Now what?"

A/N

That concludes the first chapter of my fanfiction. I really hoped you guys enjoyed it. Don't forget to like and comment! Love to hear what you guys think.