0.5

"Ugh, I am not looking forward for tomorrow." Tyler turned in his chair to face his best friend who was laying on the bed.

"Why not?" Tyler asked.

"Seeing everyone happy with their families while I sulk alone in the corner. It's not making me feel excited."

"Maybe we can call your parents and skype or something?" Tyler suggested.

"No!" Kris exclaimed. "I mean, they told me not to... interrupt their... business... Yea."

"Okay? Then I guess you're stuck with me and family. Not like you already are, but you know what I mean." Kris chuckled at Tyler before tucking herself underneath the covers.

"Night, Tyler."

"Night, Kris."

:

"So this is headquarters. It's where I like to kick it when I'm not out there saving lives." Tyler and Kris were giving his mom and sister a tour of the place. "Just cause we're Junior Rescue doesn't mean we're not the real deal. Sup, Ron?"

'Ron' looked up at Tyler in confusion. He looked down at his nametag which said 'Kevin' before walking away.

"Great guy." Kris just rolled her eyes.

"If that guy's name is Ron, why does his nametag say 'Kevin?'" Sasha asked.

"Uh, because... that's his last name."

"His name is Ron Kevin?"

"Mom, why is she here?" Tyler asked, annoyed at his little sister. Kris just giggled at the young girl's behavior.

"Because she's your step sister, and she loves you," Diane answered. "And because Roger wanted us out of the house for the day so he can paint the nursery."

"His loss. I was actually kinda pumped to tell him how great I'm doing here at Junior Rescue. And Kris of course."

"Well, you'll just have to show us instead. And we promised to be just as impressed as Roger. And sorry Kris that your parents are away."

Kris seemed to flinch at the mention of her parents. Instead of responding, she just looked down at her feet. Tyler sighed before putting his arm around her and rubbing her shoulders as he shot his mom a look.

"Sorry, but please. Start the tour. Can we start with the bathroom? Cause this baby's got my bladder in a headlock. Seriously, I really have to pee."

:

Tyler, his mom, his sister, and Kris were walking the beach as Tyler told them the most recent adventure he had.

"Even though it was Gina's fault we got stranded on that beach, I stepped up and saved the day cause that's how I do."

"That's not what happened," Kris denied. Tyler shushed her.

"I'm so proud of you. We're so proud of you. The both of you. You're gonna make such a good big brother," Diane beamed.

"Technically, he already is a big brother, and he kinda blows at it."

"Sasha!" her mom scolded. "Don't say 'blows.'"

"Mom, can you get a picture of me to send to Roger?"

"Sure." Tyler grabbed at life thingy from someone walking by and posed with it.

"Actually, can you stand back and get the muscles?" Kris and Sasha rolled their eyes at Tyler boasting.

"Gross," Sasha said.