0.2

"Malibu Beach. Twenty-seven miles of the most beautiful coast in the world, and it's our job to protect all of it."

Dylan placed a model ATV, boat, and helicopter onto the diorama.

"From the beach, from the water, from the air...," she trailed.

"From space!" Eric took out a model spaceship and flew it over the diorama making the sound effects with his mouth. His friends all looked at him weirdly.

"Not space. That's not really our jurisdiction."

:

The sound of the dry erase marker made Kris internally cringe.

"All right!" Brody shouted, gaining everyone's attention. "Welcome to the first day of Malibu Beach Junior Rescue! Come on!" Everyone joined him in clapping.

"Now listen," he continued. "Our job is more than just hangin' out at our towers and looking pretty. But some of us can't help it. Am I right, Tower One? Come on." Barks erupted from Tower One.

"Junior Rescue also gets assignments each morning, and I'm the one in charge of handing them out," he laughed. "Most are dope. Some are super lame, but they all gotta get done."

"So get pumped Tower One, cause I gave us ATV patrol. Come on." Once again, barks erupted from Tower One.

"Everybody else... check the board. Let's go."

"I wonder what assignment we got!" Eric beamed.

"Judging that it's Brody handing them out, probably a crap job," Kris guessed.

:

Tower Two was shoveling up dog poop at the Malibu Dog Beach.

"What'd I tell you?" Kris started. "Crap job."

Gina sighed. "This is an official Junior Rescue assignment?"

"I thought that we were gonna rescue swimmers, scan for sharks, run in slow motion. You know, cool stuff." Kris thumped the back of Tyler's head.

"Ouch!"

"This isn't Baywatch, Tyler." Kris rolled her eyes.

"And we will," Dylan assured. "Well, not run in slow motion. Nobody can do that. But for right now, we have to focus on the assignment we got, and keeping the beach clean is important. I know it's not exciting or glamorous."

Eric ran towards them, interrupting Dylan. "You guys, I just checked Instagram, and Jiffpom was here, like, five minutes ago! Anyone of these piles could be his!"

"Is it just me, or are there a surprising amount of turds on this beach?" Lizzie spoke up.

They all looked to see that it wasn't just her and there are a lot of droppings in the sand.

Brody then appeared with three dogs on leashes. "Come on." He led them to the dog beach. "Didn't want you guys to get bored, so I restocked the beach for you, losers."

"He borrowed three dogs just to mess with us, and we're losers."

"Yes I did."

"I'm gonna handle this." Tyler began to walk over to Brody.

"Tyler, stop," Dylan stopped. "Okay? It's not worth it. Just ignore him."

"Oh, hey, uh, watch your step, cause Tiger here ate a block of cheddar earlier, and it is not agreeing with him. Oh, not one bit. All right. You guys have fun." Brody started walking off with the dogs.