0.9

Tyler, Eric, and Kris were in Tyler's room the next day, Tyler was playing video games while Eric was on his phone. Kris was curled up in a ball at the head of the bed, staring into space.

"I bet you they're in headquarters, right now, celebrating we're gone," Tyler groaned.

"They're not doing that," Eric assured before clicking on a video of Brody and Spencer jumping up and down singing, 'No Valley! No Valley!' "Oh no, you're right. They are." He then showed the video to Tyler.

"Nothing is worse than this." Roger then walked in with Jake in a baby harness.

"Hey baby, Jake. And these are what we call losers. Because they got kicked out of Junior Rescue on their second to last day," Roger taunted in a baby voice.

"Actually, this is worse," Tyler corrected. "Roger, we kind of wanna be alone."

Roger sighed before plopping down on the bed next to Eric. "Yeah? Well, I've been alone for three weeks since your mom's blog got acquired by Goop. So we're hanging out whether you like it or not."

"Roger. Please get out."

"Alright. But only because Jake did a stinky... Then I am coming back. And we're gonna bro hard."

The conversation seemed to fade away in Kris' mind. Her mind began replaying the exact moment her heart broke in two: last night.

flashback

It was as if the world stopped and it was just Kris and Gina in the locker room. They weren't worrying about Thornton, they weren't scheming to get back into Junior Rescue. They were just there in each other's arms, living in the moment. Unfortunately, nothing good ever lasts as Lizzie always says.

The never-ending kiss ended and reality struck Gina like a brick wall. Instead of reciprocating the grin on Kris' face, Gina's face showed horror.

"Oh my gosh. What just happened?" Gina asked panicked.

"I think we just kissed," Kris beamed. "Why what's wrong?"

"We shouldn't have done that." Gina began pacing back and forth as she tried to wrap her mind around what just happened. She just kissed her best friend. Why did she do that? She can't do that.

A frown immediately made its way to Kris' face. It wasn't the reaction she was expecting. "What? What are you talking about?"

"I shouldn't have kissed you," Gina said. She couldn't look Kris in her eyes so she kept her eyes on the ground.

"Why?" Kris barked. She would've never yelled at Gina or even raised her voice at her, but they just shared a romantic moment and Gina wanted to take it back. She had a right to be mad.

The loudness of Kris' voice seemed to light a fire in Gina as she began to get angry. "Why?!" Gina exclaimed, finally looking Kris in her eyes. "Because I'm not like you!!"

"Not like me?! What, you mean gay?!! You said that you were okay with it!!" Hurt struck Kris hard and the anger boiling inside of her distracted her from the ache in her heart.

"Well, I'm not okay!! Not when you make a move on me and try to kiss me!!"

"Oh, stop acting like THIS is one-sided!!" The shouting between the two resonated through the walls of the locker room. "Just because I can admit to being gay and you can't doesn't make me in fault!!"

"I'm not gay!!" Gina insisted. "I'm not one of you and I'll never be!! I'm normal!! There's nothing wrong with me!!"

"So because I'm gay there's something wrong with me?" Kris asked in a low voice. Her eyes welled up with tears at Gina's words. Her words were the same of her parents and Chote Pavey.