Chapter nine

~Francis POV ~
I woke early, as usual, to get my day started. However, today would be different with Arthur here. Before I woke him up, I made breakfast and had medicine ready for him. I went to my bedroom and started to shake his thin body. "Arthur, it is seven o'clock; you need to wake up" I shook him, and his eyes opened fast, and he jolted up. "What?!" He stood up, looking around, extremely confused. "How did I..when did I ...Ahh, never mind, I do not have time for this" he looked confused, and his headache seemed to hit him simultaneously. I placed my hand on his shoulders to hold him still. "Calm down, breath. You came here last night. 

You fell asleep after drinking. I have medicine for you in the kitchen and food, if you want; while you shower, I will go to your apartment and bring you your stuff; calm down" I looked him in the eyes, and he seemed to calm down a lot. He nodded and walked out of the room.

"Give me your room key, and I will bring your clothes. There are extra toothbrushes in my bathroom, and you don't want to smell like booze in front of some children" I laughed. He sat down at the table, drank the medicine down, and threw his leg as he started to eat breakfast fast. I made him a cheese omelet...his favorite.

I walked next door, opening his room door; I was surprised he did not object. But I guess he needed help. I went to his bedroom and went to his closet. I looked at his clothes and realized....I have no idea what to get him. "Okay...if I was a British teacher, What would I wear?" I laughed and took out a sweater vest, long sleeves, and slacks.

"I guess I have to get his....under-." I slapped myself, thinking about it. I strolled to the dresser drawer and opened it slowly. "I am a guy too....nothing weird," I laughed, feeling my face turn red. I took a peek in and saw that they looked normal. "Thank god they did not have British flags on them" I laughed out loud and grabbed a pair. I went to the bottom drawer and took some socks for him. Once I finished, I headed back to my room, and he had already gotten into the shower. I knocked on the door to place the clothes there with him. "You can come in!" He shouted, and I nodded, opening the door. The shower curtain opened a little, and I saw his face poke out. I took a deep breath to keep my cool. He is testing me today. "Those clothes would do perfectly" he smiled. I nodded and placed them on a small table in the bathroom. I need to step out of this room before I start having an urge to look at him. "I will be out here," I said before closing the door fast.

As I washed dishes, I had no idea that I was scrubbing them hard from all the emotions I was feeling at that moment. I finally got my heart rate to calm down. "Francis, I can't find the toothbrushes," I heard Arthur say from behind me. "They are in the cabinet" I turned and saw him only in a towel wrapped around his waist. Fuck.......

"Thanks" he smiled and patted my shoulder. I looked down in defeat and nodded. As soon as he walked back, I slapped myself hard in the face and went to change into my uniform.
Once we were both ready, we headed out, but Yao was there. "Oh.....what is this? That did not take long."Yao laughed and came up to my shoulder, patting it. I looked to Arthur, who was shaking in annoyance. "It is not what it looks like," he said, holding a fist up. "He is right, and we just had drinks, and Sherlock over here passed out," I laughed, and this seemed to fuel Arthur's annoyance even more. Arthur started walking away as Yao grabbed his siblings, following right behind him. I smiled, looking at Arthur walk away before slapping myself out of it.

"He is something else," I smiled to myself. When I arrived at the bakery, I came a bit late, so many people were waiting outside. I baked a new batch of some of the treats last night, so I was not really in a rush. Many people have told me that my goods have tasted quite exquisite lately, more than usual. The customers ask why and I say the same thing "I make them with love" it seems to convince many. The secret has been my Dear Arthur. I think about him constantly and pour that happiness into my baking and food. I seem to always go into a daze about him. Although I had known Arthur for almost two weeks, he seemed to grasp my heart in his soft fingers so quickly. I do not understand why either. But hopefully, it is a good thing. I wonder if he would not mind me making him some dinner tonight. I could make something small and give it to him when he comes home from work or when I go home. 

For a second, I thought about what I could make him, and I was clueless. It had to be perfect but not too subtle about how I feel, or he would ask many questions like he always seems to be doing twenty-five-eight. I laughed at the thought and continued to work thinking about him. I wonder how Arthur was doing right now, I never got to ask him how his first day of work was, but I guess there was no time since someone tried robbing him. I did not stop to ask today; I will!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far