Chapter 2 - Kai

Its 8:00pm and practice just let out. I walk across the gym to see if Treasure needs a ride home... its hot and im sweating and I feel nasty. I threw off my t-shirt so im in my sports bra and ballin shorts... Im not one to brag about my looks cause ion think im allat. I think im pretty decent tho. Being in shape is a bonus tho. A muscular stud is attractive to all fems I think... even the straight ones aha. I walk into the lil group of girls that surround Treasure on a regular basis and ask her do she need a ride. I get a lot of giggles and whispers from the girls who assume that my bestfriend and me got something going on... I shut allat down by saying

"Let me know now cause im tryna go shower before my lil boo slide through ya know." me and Treasure laugh and she gets up handing me her duffel bag. I head to the car with her behind me.

"Aye Nigga, How you gone have a lil boo when you just said you weren't ready?" Treasure makes a face and gets in the car

"I mean I was only saying that to shut ya lil friends up... no big thing" I hop in and crank up, pulling out into what isnt that bad of traffic. I love this part of town. Traffic is never bad.

"Well just remember what you promised Greyson. Dont forget why you got those tattoos. Its okay to start over just dont think this girl could replace my girl Grey." I hate when she gets serious like this with me.

"Look Tre, I love Greyson. You know that! Cant nobody replace her and everybody know that. Im just chilling with Jewelle tonight on some friendly shit. It aint gone be nothing more than that. I told you im not ready for allat and thats what I meant." Damn we finna argue.

"Im just saying Kai! You dont even know this girl. Dont get ya head all fucked up over this girl and forget what matters. And please dont jump into anything without telling Greyson's parents! You know you're all they have left of Greyson. You're what she left behind. A part of her is in you and they gone die if they think you replacing Grey. Mann Im telling you dont let this girl mess up what you got going on." She speaking some real shit but Ion know this girl, ion got feelings for the girl... I just think she cool. I aint tryna be in a relationship.

"I know Tre I know Tre and Im not gone fuck up with Greyson's parents. Ima go over there tomorrow anyway. Look I just need to stop dwelling on the past. I'll always love Greyson! But she's not here and being alone for the rest of my life dont sound fun. Its okay for me to have someone else in my life. No one will ever make me feel the way Grey did. I miss her, I miss having her to hold and laugh with but I can do that with anybody. I dont have to love them the way I loved her. What me and Grey had was special. Aint no replacing that." I get teary eyed as I pull up to Treasure's house. She hugs me and kisses my forehead then gets out the car. I watch her go in then I pull off.

Ahh lemme hit up Jewelle to see if we're still on for tonight.

*phone rings*

Hello?

Hey, Its me Kai... We still on for tonight or no?

Yea we're still on. Where you wanna meet at?

Um. I just dropped off my friend, Im sweaty and shit so ima go home and shower. You can come over if you want.

Thats fine, Whats ya address lovely?

1832 Hillside Drive over there by the lake, ya know?

Damn thats a nice neighborhood. Ya parents must get that check.

Something like that. Just hit me up when you get here, im pulling in my drive way now.

Im on my way then.

Aite...

Yeaa

*Hangs Up*

My parents? Yea right... I dont even know who they are. I was adopted when I was 3 and really didnt spend much time with my adoptive parents. They decided when I was 16 and got my license and bought me a lil piece of car they would move away and leave me in the house by myself. Thats how me and Greyson got so close. I remember her telling her parents about how I was living on my own and they told me to come over whenever I liked. Her mom feeds me whenever I come over. Its not like I dont have a debit card that gets $3000 on it every 13th of the month for food & my parents pay the bills, I just live here. I've never really been hungry over these last 2 and a half years. I have everything I could ever ask for. A nice house to myself, food, money, clothes, shoes.... I had the best girlfriend in the world but ya know things happen. I guess things happen for a reason.