Chapter 10 - Kai

Man Shawty cooked for me and everything. But now she tripping about Treasure. She wanted to leave so I threw her my keys. Fuck it. I ain't a dog. I wouldn't do some shit in her face neither, I'm not that bold or disrespectful. Treasure is my BestFriend. Nothing more nothing less. We ain't never felt no type of way about each other. I don't know why Jew trippin. We was just so good. She tripped out about having hoes and allat this morning and I'm confused cause like I just met you, just made you my girl... Ion have time to cheat if I wanted too. I wasn't raised to be selfish and only think of myself. I learned from my parents that people have feelings even tho they might not care about yours. I was living in this house by myself but if Jew stays I'll have someone to care about. I wouldn't cheat.

Thought is was funny cause she thought she was leaving but couldn't even get out the driveway, but I understood she probably needed to clear her head. She can come back whenever she like.

Til then ima go smash on this breakfast her ass cooked. Probably gone go to the mall with Tre and do a lil shopping for this house party later. Wonder if Jew down with us tonight. Probably not. Either way I'm going!

"Ayee fuu she really left?" Tre yell from the kitchen?

"Yea mf she left a nigga. It's cool tho she in my shit she was blocked in." Me and Tre crack up at the fact that she has to come back for her car so either way she gone be back.

"Better pray she don't fuck Ya shit up!" That ain't funny

"She don't wanna do that. That'll be the last time she fuck up." I grab another plate and sit at the counter. Man this food bussin.

"Aha whatever nigga, that's yo shawty. So you must have talked to Grey's parents?"

"Yea I went over last night, I read one of Grey's letters. That's where I'm found comfort in moving on. I think it's a sign I picked a random letter and in it she was saying I need to move on. It was weird."

"Wow, I'm proud of you fam. You making progress."

"I know. I'm getting there. But hurry up and finish, ima go shower and get dressed. We hitting up Pete party tonight right?"

"HELL YEAH ! Hear that shit finna be deep as hell... Everybody finna be in that bitch. Heard he got some special guest coming through too."

"Most definitely gotta get a new outfit."

Pete is the city party promoter, he always throw big ass parties. Occasionally he throw parties like tonight at his house out on the beach. So of course everybody gone swing through.

I shower, get dressed, and head out. Since Jewelle hasn't got back with my mustang I open up the garage and pull out the two motorcycles for me and my dad, throwing Tre a set of keys. I give her a backpack just in case she has bags to bring home.

"Man we ain't rode these shits in a min." Tre saying putting her hair into a ponytail putting on a helmet. Sometimes I forget she's a fem. She always down with whatever. Coolest fem I ever met.

"I'm saying. Might as well pull em out" I crank up and put on my helmet, letting my dreads hang. I put my backpack on and close the garage.

We get out into traffic, jumping onto the interstate. Seems like everybody out enjoying the weather.. It's not too hot and it's not too cold.

35 minutes of riding from my house to the mall we pull into the parking lot. Best part of being on a motorcycle is that I can basically park my shit in all the close spots where people didn't park right and other cars can't fit. I hate parking far away.

"Man this bitch packed. We finna be here til it's time for the party." Tre so dramatic.

"Naa ima get in and get out. Get a few clothes and maybe some new shoes then I'm out."

I sit my helmet on my bike and head towards the entrance of the food court.

Walking into the mall I see everybody I know walking around.

"Hey Kai" some girl waves and speaks to me. I've seen her around but I don't know her.

Man every store I planned to go into is packed. I know everybody can't be hitting up this party tonight. Then again it is one of Pete's house parties. If you ain't hitting that shit up you socially awkward no doubt. Damn. I went into foot locker scooped some all black Foams & some all white Air Max. Treasure don't really wear sneakers but she wanted to go to Journey's to get some vans.

Jewelle ain't hit me up all day... Let me text her.

"Hey beautiful you good now?"

"Yea, I'm back at your place. Where are you?"

"The mall... You want something?"

"Surprise me."

"Alright I got you."

"When you coming back?"

"Gimme a hour a 45 mins & I'll be on my way!"

"Alright"

I hope she done calmed down. Let me finish shopping.