Chapter 3 - Kai

Just hopped out the shower and the doorbell rang. Damn. I throw on my Nike sports bra, Nike briefs and some Nike Elite socks. I go to the door and I my mouth drops. Jewelle is beyond perfection. She is beautiful. She curled her hair and her eyes are glowing with her outfit. Damn. She look good and I cant stop look at her. I notice she;s eye balling me and I remember I dont have on clothes so I let her in and run up stairs throwing on some denim skinnies, a Galaxy hoodie and my white "Dope" beanie... I come back down stairs going into the closet to get my tims but deside to throw on my all white vans to match my hat.

Jewelle stares at me the entire time. She must like what she see's.

"I know im cute and all but you dont have to stare." I say laughing

"You aint cute, you just know how to dress." She giggles and sits on the arm of the couch

"Hmmff I cant tell... you looking like you like what you see."

"And if I do?"

"Then I cant blame you"

"You're so conceited! How come I didnt catch that earlier?"

"Because im not. Im just joking around"

"mhmm, so tell me Kai... what are we doing tonight?"

"well im hungry so im tryna go grab something real quick.. after that ion know, whatever you wanna do I guess."

"oh you must got it like that."

"I mean something like that. So what you tryna get into?"

"whatever you down for"

"you funny you know that?"

"I try. Ya know. Gotta start somewhere."

"what you mean?"

"I wouldnt be fun if I was boring, now would I?"

"Oh you right, but real talk what we doing tonight?"

"We can go to that new 24-hr Lazer Tag place over there by Groven-Smith Mall."

"Then Lazer Tag it is... lets go"

We head out the house and being that I like my car att night I drove! She hopped in and plugged her phone up to my aux cord and played PARTYNEXTDOOR - FWU... my favorite song. I start singing along and she watches my every move. She feeling me and I can tell. Its something about this girl man.

She turned the music down and smiled at me.

"what?" I say looking at her then back at the road.

"Im not gay Kai."

WHAT IN THE ABSOLUTE FUCK DOES SHE MEAN????????

"WHAT?" I just got irritated just that fast

"Look Im not gay but, I really feel some typa way about you."

"oh" what the fuck bruh. why she playing?

"you aite? I wasnt tryna make you mad"

"im not mad... just a lil confused" Im more than just a lil confused. Im hella confused. Why would she even wanna go out if she not gay. What she mean by she feel some typa way about me? Mannn I aint tryna be nobody fucking experiment.

"Then why ya attitude change?" I pull over into a empty parking lot

"If you're not gay then what are we doing?"

"We're about to go out to eat and go play lazer tag, I thought... am I wrong?" She looks really confused

"But you're not gay..."

"So?"

"Why do you wanna go out to eat and shit when you dont like me?"

"who said I didnt like you? I just said I wasnt gay" She got me so damn confused

'Bruh... " I rub my temples trying to make sense of this situation.

"Okay whatever... lets just go get something to eat." I pull out of the parking lot and head towards my favorite Hibachi place.

"Damnn how you know I like this place?"

"I didnt... this my favorite spot"

"Tryna be like me"

"Naa you tryna be like me"

"Stop it, I been going here since forever."

"And when did forever begin?"

"Since before my brother went to the army which was 5 years ago. I was 13"

"Damn so you 19? Im just 18."

"Aye you legal. Thats all that matters honestly."

"True"

We go in and grab a table, we talk for a hour straight. I really think I could be with Jewelle but she's not gay so I dont know if we could even have "something"

We're sitting here talking and eating when this guy storms in mad as fuck approaching our table. He goes right to Jewelle and snatches her up by her arm.

"Let me go Dakota!" I get up immediately pulling Jewelle towards me giving her my keys and telling her to go to the car. She looks at me as if she wasn't sure she should but I pushed her to the door. I don't what the fuck is going on but I can tell she's afraid of this bitch ass dude. I get an image in my head of him hitting her and I lose it. I square up and lay his ass smooth the fuck out. His lil friend helped him up as I left.

I walk out to the car going to the passenger side to check on Jewelle. She's crying quietly into her hands. I reach and pull her hands down.

"Whats wrong beautiful?"

"I don't have anywhere to go" what the fuck have I gotten myself into?

"What do you mean?"

"That's my ex, Dakota.... I was staying with him but he disappeared for a few days then people started sending me pictures of him and these other girls so I left the house and I've been gone all day now I guess he tracked me down."

What the absolute fuck.

"It's okay, you can stay with me for a while."

"But...."

"But what? You don't have to worry about a thing beautiful "

"You're too sweet, you know that?"

"I try to be" smiles at her waiting for a smart come back

Before I knew it me & Jewelle were in the hibachi parking lot kissing like no one was looking.