CHAPTER 2

Lance walked into his classroom. First day of classes! A fresh start! New friends to make, new things to learn!

"Dude, move!" he heard from behind him.

Lance turned around and noticed he had been standing in the middle of the doorway.

"Oh! So Sorry-"

"Save it loser," the person said. "Just move!"

Lance stepped aside.

"Wells someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Lance mumbled.

"What was that?" the person turned around.

"Oh! Nothing!" Lance said.

I must've spoke louder than I thought! Lance thought,.

The person got in Lance's face. "What. Was. That?" the person demanded.

"Leave me alone man!" Lance tried to get away but the boy grabbed his collar.

Kids started to crowd.

"Dude! What is your problem!" Lance hissed. "Just leave me-"

SMACK!

Lance fell to the floor in surprise, holding his cheek.

The person scoffed. "Pathetic."

Lance growled. "Why you-"

Suddenly, a teacher entered the class. "Keith Kogane! Again?!" she put her hands on her hips. "Principal's office, now!"

The person, Keith, scoffed and followed the teacher out of the room.

Everyone watched him leave, then stared at Lance.

"Really though?" some kid said. "You fall just like that?"

"Wimp," another said.

Lance just got up and sat down at his desk.

Some first day.

...

Lance walked into his next class. This was the simulator class. He was so excited!! He would get to fly a ship! Sorta. A fake one. But still!

"Get into groups of three!" Iverson yelled. "Then you'll fly the simulator."

Lance looked for groups, but they were all full.

Lance went up to Iverson.

"WHAT?!" Iverson snapped.

"I uh..." Lance was a little scared.

"Spit it out!" Iverson said.

"I um, couldn't find a group. What should I do?"

Iverswon signed. "This is what happens when the garrison accepts immigrants." he mumbled to himself. He turned back to Lance. "Why aren't you in a group?"

"Because I couldn't find one that didn't already have three-"

"Whatever, not like you'd know how to fly well anyway. Just sit over there."

Lance put his head down and went over to the bench. Lance watched as all the groups went into the simulator. It looked so cool! He was devastated that he didn't get to go. Adam said there were an odd number of students this year, but Lance didn't think it would've caused this!

Some fresh start...