CHAPTER 14

"Lance, it will be fine." Hunk said. "You wanted this!"

"I know! I do!" Lance said. "It's just...what if he hates me? For leaving him behind?"

"Lance, we both know Lotor. He will understand." Hunk said.

Lance took a deep breath and pressed call.

"Hello?" A voice answered.

It was Lotor's.

"Lotor? Lotor! Its me, Lance!" Lance cheered.

"QUIZNACK! LANCE IS IT REALLY YOU?!" Lotor gasped.

"Yes! Its me!"

"And me!" Hunk said.

"Hunk! Lance! Oh my goodness where have you been?! Where are you?! I'll come and pick you up right now!"

"We're kinda paladins of Voltron?" Hunk said.

There was a thud on the other end.

"Lotor?" Lance asked.

"Sorry, I fell off my chair," Lotor said. "YOU'RE WITH VOLTRON?! HOW?!"

"That night we left we had this whole adventure thing with Pidge, Keith, and some guy named Shiro." Hunk said. "We found Voltron!"

"We never meant to leave you all alone," lance said. "We just got so swept up with this whole Voltron paladin duty and-"

"Lance, all I know is that you're safe." Lotor said. "Do not apologize. I know you would never leave me on purpose."

"Oh! And your not gonna believe this.," Hunk said. "There are two Alteans alive!"

Lotor gasped.

Suddenly, Hunk and Lance heard footsteps.

"We gotta go!" Lance whispered. "Voltron can't know we know each other yet."

"We'' call you again asap!" Hunk said.

"Lance!" Lotor called before Lance hung up.

"Yeah?"

"I love you. And I'm so glad you're safe."

The line went dead.

Lance cried into Hunk's chest. "I got to hear him Hunk..." he sobbed happily. "I heard my lover voice!"

...

Lance and Hunk would call Lotor every other night. Every other other night, it would be just Lance and Lotor.

Alurra would sometimes come up and ask him, "Have you tracked Lotor yet?"

And Lance would say, "It takes me time Alurra. Just give me around a month, or uh, Phoeb. Kay?"

"Fine," Alurra would stomp away. Quiznack, she wanted her phone back!

_____________

Keith walked around the castle late one night. He couldn't fall asleep. Something was nagging him. Lance had been acting real secretive about his plan to track Lotor. The loser was keeping a secret, and Keith was determined to find out.

Keith passed the lounge when he heard giggling.

"I know right?" he heard Lance laugh.

Keith peeked in and saw Lance on Alurra's phone. He was supposed to be using that to track Lotor! What was he doing?!

"Thanks Lotor, that means a lot."

Keith gasped. LOTOR?! Lance was talking with Lotor! Why-

"I hope to see you soon!"

NO! Lance was working for Lotor!

Keith stormed in and threw the phone across the room.

"K-Keith?!" Lance gasped.

"I knew you were hiding something!" Keith yelled. "I can't beleive you betrayed us Lance!"

"K-Keith! It's not like that! Just let me expla-"

"I'm not going to let you hurt anyone else here!" Keith grabbed Lance's arm and pulled him out of the room.

"Keith! Where are we going-" Lance gasped.

Keith had taken Lance to the airlock. Keith put a helmet on Lance's head and pushed hi in.

"Keith! Lekith let me out!" Lance cried. "Let me explain!" he banged on the glass.

"You betrayed us Lance," Keith said. "Never try to come back here. I doubt the team will want to see you after I tell them about this."

Suddenly, the doors opened and Lance was sucked into space, never to return...

(And normally I make Alurra the asshole!)