HOGSMEADE

The sky was a warm blue. The sun was high up in the sky. They were sitting at The Three Broomsticks. Charlie had lost all his chubs and looked more masculine. His red hair was trimmed short. Mrs.Weasley's doing. Bill looked tired. He had bags under his eyes.
" He has been working extra shifts" Ron had said.
Bill worked at Gringotts, the wizard bank. It had been affected by the war. Harry, Ron and Hermione had broken into the Lestrange Vault and taken one of the horcruxes from there. Voldemort's wrath had come down upon the staff over there. They had to rebuilt it after the war. The goblins were not pleased and there had been lots of new proposals regarding the establishment of new rules.
" When is she due?" asked Hermione about Fleur. Bill and his wife, Fluer , were expecting a baby.
" October " he said " around Halloween" he had a smile on his face.
Ginny and Hermione awed at the picture Bill had of a pregnant Fluer in his wallet. It passed around the table. Fluer still looked ravishing. Harry remembered the first time he saw her during his fourth year. She still looked the same except for the growing bump on her belly. She was laughing at the picture, twirling around in a blue dress.
" So have you thought about who is going to be the godfather?" Asked Ron excitedly.
"Well.." said Bill as looked over at Charlie.
Charlie beamed as a smile plastered over his face.
" I am still thinking about it" he said sipping on his butter beer.
" I am a candidate, aren't I?" asked Ron sipping on his own butter beer.
"Of course you are" said Bill " and so are you Harry" he said pointing his cup towards Harry.
Harry felt a surge of warmth over his body. He felt a rush of gushing till a lump formed on his throat.
Fred would have been a candidate too. He thought to himself.
"I-" he looked at Bill " Thank you. That means a lot to me" he said.
Bill nodded his head in acknowledgement as Charlie thumped him on his shoulder. They sat around talking and passed another cup of butter beer each. After that, Bill and Charlie left and they went off to Honeydukes.
Ron and Hermione held hands as they walked ahead and explored. Ginny rolled her eyes at them as she pulled Harry towards a corner.
" I found someone" she said, only for Harry's ears.
"Who?" Harry asked.
" Someone you know but I won't tell you her name yet. I haven't officially asked her." She said picking up a few candies from the shelves.
" Is she from my year?" He asked.
" Not yet." She said a mischievous smile on her face as she turned around the corner looking at more candies. Harry picked up a few for himself. He picked up a small jar of different coloured beans, some fat honey coloured toffees. He picked up a few new things but as he rounded up the shelves, his eyes caught a charming chocolate and he instantly thought of Draco. He had decided not to come as Harry hadn't seen him during breakfast and afterward. As he thought about Draco, he picked a ton load of chocolates and different toffees. Adding a few lollipops on the top. He went and paid for it at the counter front. He hoped Draco would like it. Wouldn't he?

The sun was already down when they arrived back. They had a small portion of dinner before going to sleep. Harry had caught a slight glimpse of Draco at the great hall. He was just playing with the food on his plate and ate just a few spoons. He had looked at Harry making eye contact and looked away almost instantly. He had left earlier before Harry got a chance to talk to him.
Ron was already asleep. He was snoring softly. He tapped at the map under his blanket whispering " I solemnly swear I am upto no good"
Footsteps started appearing. And there in the astronomy tower, a lome footstep of Draco Malfoy stood out. It was only 12 earlier than Draco usually came but Harry's heart started beating loudly against his chest as he put on his rob and took a bag full of his purchase and started walking towards the Astronomy Tower.

Draco sat on the stairs, taking a long puff of the ciggarette in his hand before blowing it out. He hadn't stopped thinking about Harry and the other night. He had been too sleepy to go for breakfast in the morning. And even when Pansy had begged him to go to Hogsmeade, he didn't want to. He was fine inside the confided walls of his room. They had bought a lot of stuff back for him. He had walked around the grounds, alone. He went to see the thestrals and talked to them about the other night. Hagrid had come by suddenly and was surprised to see him there. But he had just left a bucket of fruits nearby and left him alone. After he came back, he slept again. And now, he just couldn't sleep and had made his way to the tower. He kept looking behind. As if he was expecting someone.

Harry could make out the slender figure sitting on the stairs. He walked over and sat down beside him. Draco simply looked at him and turned his head again as if he was already expecting him.
"Hey " he said.
" Hi " Draco said, softly.
Harry took out the bag and put it on his lap.
" I don't know if you like it or not but I got these for you. " he said. He could feel the warmth creeping up his cheeks. He knew he couldn't expect Draco to take it anyway. He would probably throw it back to him. And so it caught him by surprise when he heard a rustling noise. Draco was going through the bag. He took out a honey coloured toffee.
" I like these ones " he said and started unwrapping one. Harry watched in astonishment as Draco popped it in his mouth.
As they sat there munching on toffees, Harry noticed that Draco looked better than he did yesterday. His cheeks were still sunken but his eyes looked bright. There were no eye bags. His hair looked a bit messy. Harry remembered the day Draco walked into class with his hair done in waves.
" You have been having nightmares " said Draco as he looked away.
Harry didn't quite know if he wanted to talk about it.
" You have been having nightmares too" he mumbled, looking away.
Silence draped like a wet blanket over them. Uncomfortable and heavy.
" I see them " Harry started "All of them."
Draco knew what he was talking about. The people Harry had lost to war.
His pain seemed like a speck in Harry's eyes. He was enduring a galaxy of nightmares on his own. Draco knee his was nothing infront of that.
" Is that why you come up here almost every night? " inquired Draco.
" Yeah " said Harry looking at him " But now it's not always the nightmares "
Draco felt his cheeks getting warm as he looked at Harry's sheepish grin.
Is he flirting with me?
" I don't feel so alone now " he continued.
Draco sat still wondering how alone he must have felt to think not feel alone in his company.
He felt a sudden urge to hold Harry's hand.
But how could he? After all that he had done?
" I think I'll go back. " he mumbled getting up.
" Thanks for.... these" he said waving the bag infront of Harry.
Harry didn't want Draco to leave yet. It felt like he had just arrived. But he simply stood up and they started to walk.
As they reached the dungeons, Harry stopped at the bottom of the stairs.
" Good night " said Draco.
But before he could leave, Harry caught hold of his arm. A surprised Draco looked bewildered.
" I.. I was wondering if we could you know.. meet after classes tomorrow. " he said looking earnestly into Draco's eyes.
" I don't think that's a good idea" said Draco freeing his arm from Harry's grip.
What if they shunned Harry out too because he was hanging out with him?
As he turned to walk away he heard Harry saying,
" I will wait by the lake. Tomorrow. After class. "
As the portrait swung close he looked at the boy who lived once more thinking how could someone be so dumb and at the same time make his heart flutter?