"US"

Draco was stunned.
What in the whole hellish world was he doing? Harry Potter was out of his goddamn mind. He looked at him. He looked so peaceful. So beautiful.
Draco pushed his arms aside and sat up.
Harry still struggled to open his eyes.
"Potter!" he said. His tone made Harry finally open his eyes. He looked for his glasses and sat up as he put them on.
"Good morning" he mumbled with a smile.
"What is so good about this morning?" He snapped. His head was pounding much more harder.
He closed his eyes as his hand went to his head.
Harry's smile was replaced with a frown. He took his wand and casted the opening charm again. He pulled his trunk out from beneath his bed and took out a small vial containing a golden liquid. He put on the closing charm and handed it out to Draco.
"This will make you feel better" he said.
Draco looked at the vial suspiciously. Sure it was the exact one Blaise had given him but then Blaise had money. Where did Potter get it from?
"This is expensive" he said still not taking the bottle.
Harry let out an exasperated sigh.
"I- You know what, it doesn't matter" he said taking Draco's hand and giving him the vial "Just drink it"
Draco looked at it for a while contemplating before finally opening it.
The odour made him gag. He pinched his nose and took the entire liquid down. He felt a burning sensation all over his body but as it left slowly, the pounding in his head stopped and he felt much better.
Harry watched his face as he downed the liquid and thought this was the best morning he could ever start his day with.

    "What in Merlin's beard am I doing in your bed?" Draco snapped. Now that he was feeling much better, his tone was way more sharper.
Harry, if he were to be honest, was kind of scared of him at the moment.
"You said you wanted to sleep. That you were tired" he said.
"Then you should have let me sleep on the- Wait." and as if he had revived from Amnesia, the memories of yesterday night came flooding.
God!! Why was he kissing Potter if he wanted him to stay away? Why? Just why?
He let out a groan holding his head.
Harry looked at him not sure what to do.
"Are you okay?" he asked meekly.
Draco looked at him.
"Yes I am okay. I am sleeping in a Gryffindor dorm in Harry Potter's bed. I am more than okay." Although Harry understood the sarcasm, he liked the idea of Draco being happy about it.
"Stop. Grinning. Potter." Draco gritted through his teeth.
Harry ruffled his hair looking down as he tried to contain his smile.

Draco took his robe from beside where the pillow had been. But before he could put it on, Harry held on to his arm.
"We really need to talk" he said in all seriousness.
Draco dreaded this. He didn't want to do it.
"No" he said shrugging off Harry's arm, trying to get his robe on.
Harry pulled on his arm and made him look at him.
"Draco I know this is hard for you" he said "but this is not something that even I thought was going to happen."
"I did not wake up one morning and decide that I was going to even be friends with you" he continued "it happened so gradually, it even surprised me, honestly. And I know I just can't expect you to be fine with it altogether, but I am willing to give you your space as long as you think about it and stop running from me."
Harry's eyes were so honest, it made Draco's heart sink.
"So stop running. If you don't like something, tell me. If you want your space, let me know. But please stop running away from me." his eyes were almost pleading "I have messed up a lot when it comes to relationships. I never knew how to say the things I wanted to till I found this person whom I wanted to stay in my life more than anything else. You."
"I know it's hard but please, just give me a chance."
Draco looked down as Harry finally loosened his grip.
He was a Gryffindor fool after all.
" Look Potter- I mean Harry. I still have the dark mark" he said pulling on his sleeves so it showed "You do understand it makes me a follower of the most evil wizard who killed your parents and tried to kill you and killed all those people.. Someone who started the war"
"Draco I-"
Draco raised his hand.
"It's rude to interrupt Potter" he snapped.
"I am not someone you should want to be with. I am an outcast. I am someone who tried to take you to Voldemort during the battle. Although I did not fight during the battle, I still walked over to where my parents stood, by his side, when for a brief moment you were declared dead" he continued softly as his voice cracked thinking about how he felt that time
"I am not someone you should find solace in. After all that I have done and the places where I stood, I don't deserve the kind of care you give me. You deserve good people around you. People who didn't try to bring you to your death. The world wouldn't be nicer on me because I am with you, but it will be harsher on you because you are with me" his hand itched to caress Harry's cheek as his heart felt heavy with his own words " You deserve better. After the life you have lived, you deserve someone better"
He really did. He would never be good enough for Harry Potter, the Gryffindor fool who had the heart of gold.
"But I don't think it gets any better than this" Harry said "I cannot think of any other person I would want to be with if everything that has happened between us would be something that happened between me and that someone" Harry carefully took Draco's hands in his "I understand how you feel. But I am not the one you should be feeling sorry to. You didn't have a choice. If I were you and if they placed my parents in your parent's shoes, I would have done the same. I would."
Draco's eyes filled with tears.
" You don't know that" said Draco jerking his hand away as he roughly wiped the stray tear that rolled down his face.
Harry turned his face caressing his chin with his thumb.
" I would. I swear I would." and with that he slowly leaned towards him and placed a soft kiss on Draco's lips. Draco closed his eyes as tears rolled down his face kissing the boy he was sure was the biggest fool. But maybe, his fool.
.
.
Author's note
"This world wouldn't be nicer on me because I am with you, it will be harsher on you because you are with me"
Writing these lines , my god damn own lines, broke my heart. I am going crazy imagining these two like this.
I hope you like it ❤️
Thankyou for reading 🍒