VII: A Day in Millennium

Luce finished off the story about ten minutes later. She hadn't been able to explain to her companions yet why the mysterious cantor was after Sylvia, as she didn't entirely know herself. Luce was partially counting on the others in her room to help her come to a conclusion regarding what had happened.

"From what I can tell, the people who have burned you so far have something to do with Sylvia," S.M. said, crossing her arms. "I mean, the cantor stirring up trouble with Sylvia burned you. The same applied to the DJ from tonight."

"The trio who walked in after us didn't seem to have a problem with her though," Tanith pointed out. "Then again, I guess they didn't interact... I would agree that this has something to do with Sylvia though. It's just a matter of figuring out why it is they're in a fight."

"I can't say yet. I suppose we can try and ask her in the morning, but right now, she's out like a rock," Luce sighed.

Iris opened her mouth to speak, but she was cut off by a soft ringing sound echoing throughout the room. Everyone fell silent to listen to the voice that followed.

"This is Zylphia Satim, the headmistress of Alitia. I have an update on the events that transpired at Acadia tonight. We have caught the culprit, but Headmistress Latheia is not allowing any students back on school grounds until the mess made tonight is cleaned up. Acadia students have been invited to stay at Alitia or Sacred Heart for the night. We have a few extra dorms for any students who need a place to sleep. Acadia should be ready to see you again in the morning. We apologize for this inconvenience. The remainder of the party has been canceled and will not be rescheduled. Do your best to stay safe."

"There's the announcement Luce mentioned would be happening," Tanith commented. "I guess the damage to the Acadia campus really was bad..."

"It was a disaster. You could barely see the ground under the glass, blood, food, and debris," Luce said. "You would have expected a tornado to cause so much carnage. If I hadn't been there, I never would have thought it to be the doing of just one man."

"If you want my opinion, we should try and find the truth on our own. I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to see a repeat of what happened here tonight. I want to figure out who the faceless man was and why he would want to possess a DJ for a school event. I mean, we're just kids. Why would some random man hold a grudge against us?" Iris asked.

"I don't know, but I doubt this is the first time he's done something with an impact on our lives," Luce frowned. "Think about the man I ran into before I came to Alitia. According to one of the teachers, he was a student from Sierra. I don't even know if I was able to get rid of his possession, unless that light explosion did the job. He was wearing the same dark hood, but his didn't disappear after the battle."

"In other words, he's still out there," Helena whispered, her eyes wide. Her face had grown unnaturally pale.

"I'm guessing he is. And if that is the case, he's probably going to be back," Tanith murmured. "If he has a grudge against Sylvia, he's not going to let her off so easily. Plus, I bet he wants revenge on Luce for burning him so badly last time."

"We need to be on the top of our game then," Carys declared. "I don't want to die because of some random cantor creep holding a petty grudge."

"That's a problem though. Only Luce here can transform right now," S.M. pointed out. "You don't get your Isolis until you choose a magical discipline, and since we're all new here, and thus new to light-type magic, I doubt anybody else can change into Isolis."

Isolis was the first level of magic used by all mages and leaths. It helped to transfer magical energy into a form that was easier to use. Luce didn't know the details. That was all Lianna had told her years ago. For mages, it was much easier to access one's magic and use it for combat. For leaths, it increased one's manifestation of magic, so for her father, it would increase his swordsmanship. Isolis also allowed all females to grow wings., regardless of if they were mage or leath. Men never grew wings for some reason Luce didn't know. She figured she'd hear what it was at some point in her time at Alitia.