XXXIX: Fall of Sierra

After S.M. finished explaining everything that she had seen that morning, everyone in the room had their jaws dropped in shock. Even Zylphia and Alistair, who had been doing their best to remain composed, were showing signs of open surprise at this point. Luce hadn't ever seen Zylphia this unsettled, and it freaked her out in ways she didn't know how to explain to others.

"You mean... You figured out who the Possession Master is, and it's the guy who was messing with Nebula at that Sierra and Sacred Heart training session? He was the one who made her reach out to us to begin with, and he's the one who's been attacking us up to this point," Helena murmured.

"I honestly think it makes sense... Think back to the party at the beginning of the year. Remember, the one at Acadia? When I walked in, there were three people who bumped into me. Two of them looked a lot like Sylvia, and they just so happened to be a boy and a girl. If you ask me, those two must have been Myra and Chester. At the time, we didn't know the significance of that, so we didn't think to remember it, but now... They're the people who have been causing us so much trouble, and he was their leader all along," Luce declared.

"That makes sense, now that I think about it... I mean, if you have Starlight and he has a Moonlight Blessing, it would have burned you. They were opposing each other, especially because Luce's magic was unstable... Looking back on it now, it seems so clear, but I can't blame us for not noticing it before now. I mean, how would we have known to find such a thing suspicious? At the time, details on the Possession Master were minimum, and we wouldn't have thought to keep such a thing in mind since we had no idea it would become important," Tanith remarked.

"I do know one thing though... If this is all true, we need to get a message out to Sierra immediately. If his plan is to attack Sierra, then Fromir and every student in those halls is in danger. I'm sure Chester will be saved because he's been with Iago from the beginning, but that doesn't change the fact that every other student is at risk. We can't let him go ahead with this. If he was given another Moonlight Blessing, then he has the power to possess every student in that school and use them to wage war on the rest of Millennia," Zylphia announced.

"Gods above, I didn't even think of that... The Keeper of Moonlight got involved in all of this, and judging by the way they were talking, they had been colluding for a while. If they were working together all this time, then that means that the Church of Moonlight didn't keep its promise about holding the Keeper on Enmity to make up for the crimes of the previous Keeper," Sophia pointed out.

"The Keeper of Moonlight was hidden rather well. It was as if he knew he was going to be watched all this time. I mean, he hid his entire body behind a layer of black magic, and on top of that, all that could be seen was the Mark of Moonlight on his chest. It wouldn't surprise me if his real mark wasn't even on his chest. It would be a good way to throw people off his trail if they did happen to see what had happened," Sylvia told the group.

"If you ask me, we need to call this meeting ended as soon as possible. Headmistress Satim, we must communicate with Headmaster Carpathia at once. He needs to put Sierra on lockdown until the Possession Master is found. If Iago is still in Sacred Heart, Headmistress Claudere must be aware as well. She needs to help us track him down, assuming that he's still within her halls," Alistair said, his voice quiet yet intense.

"I agree with those sentiments completely. We don't have a moment to lose right now. Everyone on Millennia was in danger when he first appeared and acted against the people at large, but now that he has a new Moonlight Blessing, he's even more dangerous to deal with. He must be disposed of before anything can become worse. We can't let anyone else be harmed while he is still at large. His imprisonment is important for the safety of all of Millennia... No, the whole dimension," Zylphia agreed.