X: First Day

The next few days passed in an uneventful slog. Tanith eventually got to walking around again, though she was prone to tripping and stumbling. Luce felt more like a prisoner than a student, as the training grounds weren't open to first years for a while. She wanted nothing more than to swing her sword around and think about all that had happened up until that point, but the universe seemed intent on forbidding it.

The group's schedules had finally come around as well. Luce and her friends had taken a day to walk around the school with Tanith as their guide to see where their classes were. The school ran on a two-day schedule, going back and forth between two schedules with five classes each every day. Luce had every class with at least one of her friends, which was always a positive. She hadn't even spoken to the people outside her dorm, so it was for the best that she could stick close to them.

Her first class was in basic spells and charms, which Luce was more than happy about. It was a relief to be able to learn to use her magic without burning herself or exploding in the process. While the second one hadn't happened yet, it could happen at any moment with how little control she seemed to have over her light manipulation.

Luce had this class with all her friends but Carys and Helena, who shared the class on the second day of the rotation. The remaining six of them all sat together and waited for the teacher to arrive with held breath.

"What do you think the teacher is going to be like?" Sophia asked.

"I've heard from my sister that she's... She's a lot," S.M. replied with a frown. "She didn't really explain what she meant by that, but it has me nervous."

"She's not exactly wrong... Ms. Luna is... She has a lot of energy. I'll put it that way," Tanith told them with a sigh. "I'll let you decide how you want to take that. She's oftentimes more energetic than most of the students, if you can believe that. As for the way that she treats people, she's sort of like a mother, but she can be a bit smothering if you aren't used to her. It takes time to get into a routine with the way she behaves, but once you do, she's pretty nice."

"It sounds like this year is already off to a pretty weird start," Luce scoffed with a shake of her head. She found herself being impatient, waiting this way for the teacher. For one, she wanted to know what she was like and the sort of spells she'd be teaching. Secondly, her next class was set to be physical combat and defense, which Luce knew better than most people she knew. Her muscles were easily visible through her shirt, and that was putting it lightly. Iris, who sported a strong figure as it was, seemed normal in comparison to Luce due to the latter's mercenary upbringing.

Not long afterwards, the door flew open, the handle slamming into the wall nearby. Everyone in the room jumped, Luce included. She looked at the person in the doorway, assuming she was the 'Ms. Luna' Tanith had mentioned moments before.

She had bright red hair tied into two ponytails, one on either side of her head. Her eyes were a deep chocolate brown. Her hair was tied up by matching pink ribbons. She had black gloves on her hands. She had a pink and white jacket that seemed to be on the smaller side. Her midriff was exposed because of this. The buttons on the jacker showed signs of having been replaced multiple times over. She had a checkered pink and white miniskirt on with long black stockings. Her boots were pink. Finally, she had a black collar with a small pink heart on it.

"For the love of Starlight," Luce heard S.M. mutter as she buried her face into her hands. Nobody else seemed to notice, and Luce didn't say anything in response, but she very much agreed. S.M.'s sister and Tanith had been right. Ms. Luna was certainly a lot.

"Welcome to class, kiddies!" the woman chirped. "My name is Adrianna Luna. I'll be your spells teacher in your time at Alitia. It's lovely to meet all of you! Aren't you just adorable?"