6

13 Years Ago

After witnessing the friend that Jinyoung was with since he orphanage, he couldn't move. He was afraid to move, he was scared to believe what he saw was real. Sirens came into sound, people crowding and whispering about what's going on. Jinyoung finally got his courage and approached the scene slowly squeezing through the crowd. There he was standing in front of his only close friend.

"H-Hwi.."

He stuttered quickly and went to his side, holding on the wound hoping to stop the blood from flowing out. The medical crew came and took Daehwi from Jinyoung, Jinyoung followed but they kept pushing him away.

"Please.. let me on.. he's supposed to be under my care, his parents are at work right now and are not aware of this. Please let me accompany him till they arrive."

Jinyoung pleaded the crew, the crew exchanged looks before finally letting Jinyoung in.

[Hospital]

As Jinyoung was following, he continued till he was stopped in front of a door. He knew that he couldn't follow Daehwi into the operation side. He waited for a while before hearing Daehwi's adopted parents rushed in. Jinyoung eyed Daehwi's father as the mother was panicking. The father showed no emotion which was annoying Jinyoung. The mother turned and saw Jinyoung eyeing the father. She approached Jinyoung and slapped him hard on the cheeks. Jinyoung was taken back from the action, the father glared back not wanting to stop his wife.

"Ah, honey. Calm down, we're out in public. Stay here and I'll take this one home."

The father said not wanting to get in trouble by the hospital staff. The mother dirty glare never left Jinyoung's as she just let her husband do whatever. The father grabbed Jinyoung's arm and walked out with many struggles of Jinyoung not wanting to leave and being afraid. He kept looking back in case Daehwi's doctor came out hopefully with good news. In the end, he was shoved inside the father's car and drove off, it was the last time that Jinyoung ever get to see Daehwi.

[Lee's House]

As the father parked outside of his house, he didn't leave, nor did Jinyoung. The father kept glaring back at Jinyoung before calling his personal assistant.

"Get this kid and take him back to the orphanage, it's where he belongs anyway."

Jinyoung looked up at window beside him to see the father's assistant, the cold in the other's eyes stared at Jinyoung. Jinyoung crawled away from one side before the door opened, he opened the other door and ran from there. He heard yelling behind but doesn't want to get sent back to the orphanage where he had ran away from. Jinyoung stumbled as he felt something sharp cut through his leg. He looked back to see the other pointing a gun at him. He got up and tried to limp away, more gunshots kept coming but it wasn't aimed towards him but on both of his sides.

Present Time

After glaring at his phone screen, he realized that he was still standing out in the dark with Geon. He saw Geon sleeping next to him from how long he been spacing out, he smiled before kneeling next to Geon.

"Come on now, let's go home. You'll be more comfortable then sleeping on concrete."

He said softly waking up Geon, after that, they walked home like nothing happened or that the encounter existed. As the door opened, Geon went inside first ready to sleep, Jinyoung closed the door before going to meet with Geon to accompany it to sleep. Jinyoung grabbed his tablet and looked through messages from his older friend.

KJH:
Jinyoung-ssi, someone is looking for you hoping to work with you for something in exchange of your past.
Yah, at least respond when you read the message
I'm dead if the client can't have you to work with him
Image0.png
The client told me to send this to you, call me once you decided.

Jinyoung stared at the old picture, it was a new picture, something he never thought of before.

Jinyoung:
Yah, what's this? How did you get this picture?

KJH:
Finally respond, but the client wants you to kill someone.. knowing your background, would you do it?

Jinyoung:
Kill? No, I quit that stuff after Leon died. Answer my damn question.

KJH:
The client didn't say anything else other than told me to share this.

Jinyoung:
You know about something... you're not telling me anything. There's someone else that I need you to look up for.

Jinyoung sent Jaehwan a screenshot of Daehwi's contact info before exiting the message app. He stood up and returned to his bedroom. He prepared himself for bed and laid in bed comfortably. He closed his eyes for a bit hoping he can sleep peacefully.

[Dream]

Jinyoung patched up his leg that was shot, though he couldn't do a perfect clean up or anything. He returned back to Lee's household under the rain. It's been a month since he last visited, his leg was better than the first time. He hit on the door hard enough to surpass the rain.

"Daehwi-ah!"

He shouted as he hoped Daehwi would hear him, he kept pounding on the door and calling out to no avail. Daehwi was sitting outside and heard his name, he opened the umbrella before attempting to wheel over to the door. He was stopped and nearly fall out of his seat.

"Ma, my friend is here! I need to go see him."

"Daehwi doesn't have any friends now. You should be asleep right now."

"But-"

Daehwi couldn't finish his sentence as he was wheeled back inside the house leaving Jinyoung outside. Jinyoung waited and was about to leave thinking that the other is sleeping. Jinyoung turned and met with the father again. Jinyoung backed away slowly before starting to run away. As soon as he got ran over by the father, he hoped for mercy before he was stuffed inside a large bag. He used his remaining strength and grabbed onto the father before the bag closes. In the end, his arm was thrown back in and the bag was zipped closed.