9

Daehwi slowly opens his eyes to see the dark indigo sky outside of a window. He felt the blanket below his body and noticed that he was on a bed. He sat up and saw the person's back. From the side profile he sees, he recognized the face.

"Ji-Jinyoung.?"

Jinyoung slowly lowered the cotton from the wound before looking back at Daehwi. How long has it been since Jinyoung been fixing that wound? Jinyoung turned around trying his best to hide away the wound.

"Are you okay? I found you laying in the alley."

Jinyoung lied, the only way he was only able to survive was lying about himself. Daehwi nodded slowly before stealing glances at Jinyoung half hidden wound.

"What about you? You seemed to be hurt.."

"It's nothing, do you want something? I can go prepare it."

"N-No! It's fine, thank you."

Jinyoung was about to get up but Daehwi hurried pulling him back down. They sat in silence, Jinyoung decided to resume his self medication on his wound. Daehwi watches the latter from behind glaring at his back side mostly. Say, Daehwi had nothing else to look but his back. The scars all over Jinyoung's back was starting to making him feel curious. Jinyoung lowered the tweezers letting the bloody bullet hit the floor. He grabbed the roll of bandages, unraveling it as he bite on the other end. Daehwi snapped back to reality once he heard Jinyoung grunting.

"Here, let me help."

He spoke up getting in front of Jinyoung and grab onto the bandages. He placed the one end and started to wrap around Jinyoung's shoulder. Jinyoung watch Daehwi's face as the other was focused, something about Daehwi made Jinyoung feel relieved. Daehwi finishes as he tucked in the end of the bandages before looking to up to meet Jinyoung's glaze.

"J-Jinyoung.. I'm d-done."

Daehwi stuttered as Jinyoung fixed his focus back onto the bandages. Jinyoung stood up and glare down at Daehwi as he reached for the other's chin.

"Did we meet before?"

Jinyoung asked as he turns Daehwi's head to one side and to the other. Jinyoung is so sure that the person he is looking for is Daehwi, he wanted to be confirmed that it really is Daehwi.

"If I remember correctly.. I gave this person a name after he escaped from the orphanage."

"You were hurt that time, why did you have to hide under that family?"

"So it's really you..?"

Daehwi released himself from Jinyoung's grip, he looked up at the latter with a saddened gaze.

"I thought I lost you once I heard my family talked about your death."

Jinyoung remained silent, still annoyed at the fact that Daehwi still call those people his family but what can he say, they were the reason why Daehwi got out of the orphanage safely.

"You're going to hate me soon, don't come looking for me no more."

Jinyoung said as he grabbed Daehwi's arm then started to make their way back to the front door.

"Why huh? Is it because my family tried to kill you? Come on, don't push me away after what I done to you."

Daehwi complained as Jinyoung threw Daehwi out of his house. As Jinyoung closed the door, the door was stopped thanks to Daehwi's leg. Jinyoung opened it and stare at Daehwi who was trying his best to hide his hurt expression.

"What are you planning to do with my family? Kill them?"

"It's none of your business."

"It is if you put my family in it."

"No it's not, go home."

"No."

Jinyoung only sighed once he remembers how annoying Daehwi can get. He pushed Daehwi slightly in order for himself to shut the door. Daehwi stayed at Jinyoung's front door waiting for the latter. He dug out his phone from his pocket to check on the time.

"Ah, luckily it's weekends or else I really would have trouble getting ready for school."

Daehwi sat down knowing that his legs won't last standing there. There was nothing to sit on other than the floor of the porch. His stomach growled ruining the silent night.

"What's gonna happen next? A cold breeze-"

As he said it, a cold breeze flew by making his skin grow goosebumps. He was only outside for a little bit and he's already feeling terrible. He curled up to surpass the cold, his body was shaking slightly.

"I forgot how cold it is at night.. brrrr."

Daehwi complained more as he buried the bottom half of his face in his arms. Jinyoung looked out the window at the front watching Daehwi silently. He really hoped that the other should have left.

"He's still like the idiot from back then, aish. He's really making me feel guilty."

Jinyoung mumbled as he continued to watch with Geon joining. Geon rests his head on Jinyoung's lap not trying to bother his owner.

"A couple more minutes.."

Jinyoung said as he looked down at his watch, he already know the cold weather outside despite the fact that Daehwi's skin is slowly turning blue. Jinyoung stood up and let Geon continue resting at his position normally. He went to his room and fold up his blanket before carrying it down the stairs. As he opened the front door, there was passed out Daehwi laying in front of it. Jinyoung put the blanket down first before going out barefoot to pick up Daehwi. After getting a good grip, he went back inside and closed the door.

"Here we go again."

Jinyoung whispered as he carried Daehwi to the living room instead. He let Daehwi rest on the sofa as he goes back to grab the blanket by the front door. He carried the blanket back over and covered Daehwi with it. He moved the coffee table away for a bit then placed a cushion next to the sofa so he can sit. He rested his palm on the other's forehead checking the temperature in case, gladly Daehwi was fine. Jinyoung sighed then stood up preparing to go to sleep, as he started to walk away, he stopped his movements as soon as he felt a pair of hands grabbed him.

"Don't go yet... I'm begging.."

Daehwi said in a sleepy voice, Jinyoung looked back to still see Daehwi asleep. He decided to stay with the other not caring about his own comfort. Everything that happened between them is pretty much forgotten for now.