Chapter One

Once Maglor rolled out of bed that morning he knew that he should just get back into bed. He just knew it, but, he still had to get up. He yawned as he dragged himself about his morning which involved a shower and a quick breakfast.

He walked into his kitchen and began getting his breakfast together, his cat jumped on the table and meowed at him. “Well good morning,” He said and petted its head. As his breakfast cooked he filled his cat’s food bowl and then sat to check things on his phone while it cooked. Soon his food was ready and as he ate he his cat jumped up on the table and pawed at his bacon.

“That’s mine you have your own food.” He said moving the plate away but he got distracted when his phone buzzed. When he looked away the cat grabbed the bacon and ran off. “Little thief,” he muttered and then looked back at his phone. It was just a wrong number text. He finished his coffee and then got up to go about the rest of his day. Though today was his day off from work he still had things he had to get done, grocery shopping, laundry, picking up his laptop which should be fixed now, picking up his dry cleaning, pick up more cat food, and after that he was sure there was going to be something else he needed to get done.

~~~

He was halfway through his shopping list when his boss called and told him something came up and they needed him. Something about ‘freaky phenomenons’ and he’ll be given more of an explanation when he got there. The place was in the next city over so he got there later then he wanted to and the fact traffic was crazy.

He went in and started talking with the guy in charge. He was looking through the case file as he walked with them. So far the case seemed not so ‘freaky as it was put, John Doe...around 30 years old...caucasian. Yet, he looked up when they said where he was found...naked in a pool…but still was not the strangest thing he encountered. The guy then said they could not find any identification this guy he asked, “What about fingerprints?”

“We tried. There was nothing on any parts...he can’t speak English or any other language that we can figure out. We thought maybe he was an escaped patient but that there has been nothing in missing persons.” They replied.

“You said you needed an expert in ‘freaky phenomenon’ not mental health,” He replied.

“I am getting there...we put him in an interrogation room and well...” They trailed off as they walked into the observation room and once he saw who the freaky phenomenon has he just thought one thing ‘I should have stayed in bed.’

“...they glow in the dark.” They said.

“Okay then,” He replied and coughed a bit. The person sitting in the interrogation room was none other than one of his cousins, more accurately it was Aegnor.