Chapter Twelve

Thranduil looked up as Xander came into his office he had in his house. “You do know I locked that door for a reason,” He said.

“Yep,” Xander replied as he sat down across from him. He placed a bottle of wine on the desk and said, “Thank you for letting us stay here.”

“You did not steal this from my collection...did you?” Thranduil asked.

“I am hurt you'll think so lowly of me,” Xander said as he placed over his heart in mock hurt. Thranduil shook his head and looked at the bottle. It was a bottle from France that was expensive, he chose to avoid the question of Xander got it.

“Well, take care what you have too. Just to leave out of this, you have dragged me on too many of your advantages.” Thranduil said placing the wine back down.

“Come on. I know you enjoy them but fine I'll leave you out of this one,” Xander said. The two sat in silence for a few moments.

“So. Do you know how he was reborn?” Asked Thranduil.

“No, we are still working on that.” Xander said. He then noticed the look Thranduil had on his face.

“I'll keep my eyes open,” Xander said. “You should know by now that I'll do that for you.”

Thranduil just nodded as Xander stood up. “Well I'm off to look more into that attacker.” He said.

“Dare I ask how?” Asked Thranduil. Xander just gave him a smirk and walked away. Thranduil shook his head and went back to his work.

~~~

When Thranduil left his office he found Maglor and Aegnor sitting by the kitchen. They both were using a laptop most likely looking into this attacker. Thranduil just went to get himself a cup of coffee.

“Do you know where Xander ran off too?” Maglor asked.

“No. All's he told me was that he was going to look into the attacker. I can only imagine where he went,” Thranduil replied. Maglor gave a small nod and looked back to his computer.

“What about Xander?” Aegnor asked looking at Maglor.

“He went out to find out a bit more.” Maglor explained. Aegnor nodded and looked back to his work. Thranduil just leaned against the counter top and took a sip of his coffee. He looked at the other two elves with an unreadable expression. Maglor looked up and asked, “Something wrong?”

“I enjoy my privacy but Xander is persuasive,” Thranduil said. Maglor nodded and asked, “How long have you known him?”

Thranduil was quiet for a moment and then said, “Since I was the prince of the woodland realm.”

“And your still alive?” Maglor asked.

“Despite his efforts of dragging me on his crazy adventures. Yes.” Thranduil replied. Maglor and Thranduil then shared a look of pity for the other. One for living with Xander for ages and the other for getting pulled into Xander's shenanigans.

“Well I should get back to work, I wish you luck finding this man,” Thranduil said as he took his mug and went back to his office.

~~~

It was much later when Xander got back. He came into the living room and sat down. Maglor and Aegnor looked over at him and he just said, “The person who attacked Aegnor is a ghost. He doesn't exist or so they said. Yet, I was able to get a photo of him and I have no name of any importance but I do know where he's staying right now.”

“How did you find this out?” Aegnor asked.

“Better if you don't know. Anyway, we can head there tonight and find out what we want to know.” Xander said. Maglor and Aegnor nodded in agreement. Tonight they'll head to where he was and find out what they wanted to know.