Mushroom

(No one:
No one at all:
Me editing: Did I misgendered a dog?-)

"This sucks" daniel whined. "Here I'll help you" I said getting up to help him. Sean wentiui Yo and let mushroom out to pee and I kneeled down yo daniel. "What's the problem daniel?" I asked. "It doesn't fit, and there's too much stuff!" He whined. "Its fucking bullshit!" He said. Okay whats more important? 'No more swearing' or 'Hey, calm down sailor' "Hey, No more swearing okay" I said patting his head. "Okay, like sean's the nicest" he sighed. I chuckled "What did you pack in?" I said looking in the small backpack. I noticed a little doodle of mushroom on the front and smiled. Daniel showed me. A big toy robot, his sketch-A-lot, comics, and some other stuff. "Daniel, you can't fit the whole room in one bag" I explained. "Dont worry I can help" I said re arranging the toys amd comics for it to fit perfectly. For once OCD is useful. "Thanks (Y/N)" daniel said hugging me. "No problem" I said petting his head. "Where's Mushroom?" He asked getting up. "Sean let her out, maybe she's still going?" I suggested. "Sean, where's mushroom?" Daniel repeated the same question only to his big brother. "Outside" he said. "Im gonna go check on her" daniel said. "Okay I'll fill up our bottles and then catch up with you guys." I quickly zipped up Daniel's coat so he wouldn't completely freeze to death and then let him outside. I sat on the porch just incase and read a hot dog man comic. 'Still as awesome as I remember it being' I smiled remembering when sean and I were little kids and used to read comics togther in my treehouse. It was peaceful and I enjoyed it. I continued to read the comic but when I looked up daniel was no where to be seen. "Daniel?" I yelled. No answer. "Daniel!!" But again no answer. Sean opened the door. "C'mon let's g-" "Daniels gone!" I interrupted him worried. Sean's face went into a panic. I said nothing but ran off in a direction where paw and tiny foot orint's lead. Sean followed behind.

I ran after (Y/N) worried about daniel and mushroom. "Daniel!!" I yelled. "Mushroom!!" (Y/n) yelled. I came to a stop when there was a split of tracks. (Y/N) looked at me. "His foot tracks are this way, let's follow them" She said pointing. I nodded and we jogged after Daniels tracks. I noticed some blood. "What the fuck happened here?" I said panicked. We kept going until a tree branch was covering our path. "Thats not good" (Y/N) said worried. "What? What is it!?" I questioned. "mushrooms bandana is just, lying there" she explained. "Oh god" I climbed over the tree and (Y/N) crawled under. She picked up the bandana just to see more blood splatters. "Shit.." she mumbled. I held her hand and gave it a quick squeeze before walking a bit further. "Daniel!?!" She called out. Daniel was standing face to face with some sort of wild animal. It growled and It wasnt as small as i thought it was. "Daniel what happened" (Y/N) asked as we inched closer. "Daniel, DoNot move a mustle" I said. "It killed her! She was my friend!" Daniel hollored. "Calm down, okay, listen" I put a hand on his shoulder but he jerked away. (Y/N) stood on the other side of him. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" he used his powers to lift the mammal up. "Daniel! Wait!" (Y/N) held her hand out as to stop him. 'Shit shit shit, What do I do!?' I panicked.  'Step in' or 'dont intervene?' Daniel and (Y/N) could get hurt, but the animal did kill mushroom. 'Dont intervene' it killed our friend cute little mushroom. "Daniel! Wait!" (Y/N) yelled as I zone back in. I put a hand on her shoulder. "YOU KILLED MY DOG!!" Daniel hollored. 'Snap!' The animal fell down. I couldn't believe he could do that much damage. "Fuck! Daniel" I cursed. "I-it just.... happened a-and.." daniel cried. (Y/N) hugged him tightly. "Shhhhhh, you just... just wanted to protect us" she soothed him. I hugged the both of them looking at the dead animal laying in front of us. "I-" Danieel tried, choking on his sobs. "Save your strength, we'll figure it out" I said leaving the hug and picking up mushroom.

I bent down to Daniels level and wipes his eyes. Sean brought mushroom over to us and daniel pet him. "It's alright" sean said petting his head. "We're right here" I added squeezing daniel lightly. I let go of daniel and stood up. Daniel held my hand tightly. 'He must be so scared, he's shaking' I held his hand and smiled at him as we walked back to our cabin.

Daniel, Sean, and I were finishing up burying mushroom. Sean reached and grabbed a cross made out of wood. "Here... you should do it" he sajd passing it over to daniel. I pat Daniel's back as he stuck the cross that read 'mushroom' into the snowy ground. We stood up and daniel grabbed my hand again only this time not as shaky. "Is that it?" Daniel asked. "Well... Do you wanna say anything?" I replied. He nodded. "G-goodbye mushroom, you were such a good puppy" he said. Sean pat the back of his head and daniel squeezed my hand. I squeezed it back. "I'll always remeber... running through the snow with you and how yo-you'd snuggle" he gulped. "I'll never forget your...Never" he said. "Mushroom, I hope you get so many Belly rubs up there.." I said smiling softly at the idea. Daniel nodded agreeing with me. "Good girl.... rest in peace, you won't be forgotten" Sean added. "(Y/N), sean... Do you think she's up in heaven, with dad?" Daniel asked. "Of course she is!" Sean said. "Dad's probably giving her treats right now as we speak" I added. "What about his allergies?" He asked. "Dont worry daniel, they dont exist up there" I said. "We should go, it's getting late" sean said. "I...im sorry i killed the cat, i domt know what I was thinking" daniel apologised. "I know" sean said. "Come on buddy, don't worry about it" I smiled down at him.  Daniel held onto my arm as we walked away from mushrooms grave.  I looked back one more  time. 'Goodbye mushroom, protect dad up there' I thought then turned back and walked away.

"I wish we didnt have to go, I liked having a house again" daniel looked up at me. "Me too buddy, me too" I said patting his head. Sean came out with our bags Once we put them on daniel re-latched himself onto my arm. "What about my traps?" Daniel asked. "They'll protect rhe next run aways that stay here" sean said."Bye lord snowman, you looked after our mushrom" daniel chuckled with just a hint of sadness in his voice. "Adios mi amigo" I waved. "So ling, my dudes" sean waved as we kept walking. "Goodbye snowy cabin" I said as we walked.

After two and a half days of walking we finally reached the house. "We made it" sean said in s tired voice. "When was the last time you were here?"Daniel asked half asleep. Daniel was tired so I let him have a piggy back ride. "Before you were born" sean replied as we walked closer to the house. "Hold on Let me check you, claire likes everything super clean" sean said as he brushed Daniels hair with his hands. "Dad said she got passed because he let me bring a snowball in the house" seam said earning a chuckle from me and daniel. Sean turned to me and brushed a piece of my brown hair behind my ear. He smiled and turned to the door. Daniels scooted up on my bacm so he could see better. Sean rang the doorbell and i felt anxous. The last time I saw Claire Was at a Christmas party, I wonder what she'll think of all this. "What if they went on vacation or something?" Daniel asked. "We'll figure out something" sean said ringing the doorbell a second time. "Yes, we hear you" A woman's voice rang out. "Im sorry, we dont want any..." A woman with dark red glasses and short white hair answered the door and stopped mid sentence. "Hello, claire" sean said. "Sean? Oh my..." clair said. She then turned to me and then looked at daniel. "Is that daniel? And (Y/N)?" She said. We smiled at her. "Whats going on?" A man's voice asked. "Look whos here" Claire called back. "After all this time" Clair smiled widly at the three of us. "What the hell are ypu doing here?" A man with almost no hair amd dark glasses approached the door. "Steven! Watch your mouth!" Clair warned. "Well... It's kind of a long story" sean said. Daniel coughed. "Daniel you okay?" I looked back at him. "Poor things, you know he's sick right?" Claire said. I let daniel down and Claire led us inside. "Yeah" Sean said behind us. "Okay inside, all of you" Claire said shutting the door behind us.