Erkinsan, Charles Erkinsan

The snow crunched beneath our feet leaving footprints as we walked toward Chrises' house. The stairs to his tiny porch leading to his door creaked as we walked up them. Sean peaked through the glass before opening the door. I thought this was strange since he didn't knock or anything. When the door was opened a wholesome scene was playing out in front of us. The boys were playing with a... wait a minute!

 "Daniel! What's going on here?" Sean asked walking toward the boys. I thought that flying robot toy seemed a tad bit suspicious. Daniel anxiously scooted back as Chris looked back and forth between me and Sean. "sean! Wait! Don't freak out!" As we stepped closet to the boys I noticed the drawings on Daniels's face. Daniel had messily drawn circles around his eyes and stripes on his cheeks resembling tiger stripes.  "I can explain!" Daniel exclaimed. "Let me tell them," Chris, who's face was clean and not drawn on, Put a hand on Daniel's shoulder before turning to us. "Sean, Y/n, I know it sounds crazy... But I have a superpower," Chris said as he began to smile. "You saw me yesterday. I know you did. I was flying!" Chris's words brought me back to yesterday when Daniel made sure Chris landed safely. "I can move things, objects with my mind!" Chris explained. I glanced at Sean who wore a stern expression, almost glaring at the poor kid in disbelief. I quickly nudged him and his face softened. "Oh! A superpower?" Sean asked quickly looking down at Daniel. "Yes!" Chris exclaimed. 'Is this kid lying to protect Daniel? Or does he really think he has powers as well?'  thought in my mind. 'It's better safe than sorry and they are kids, after all, we can play along for a little bt I guess.'  I slightly bend down to the boy's level. "That's pretty cool Chris, does this mean you're a superhero now?" I ask. I think Sean understood my idea of letting him live his fantasy for a while. "I'm captain spirit! I can bend any matter to my will!" Chris exclaimed, "But that's my secret identity, so you can't tell anybody!" Chris said. "Trust me, we're good at keeping secrets," I promised him. "You can trust us, Captain Spirit," Sean promised as well, with a tad bit less enthusiasm in his voice. "Now you're an official member of the Spirit Squad!  If you betray us, I'll disintegrate you!" I hide my amused smile. "Oh really?" I ask. "Nah. just kidding" Chris replies slightly chuckling. 

"Oh yeah, we need a... team signal!" Chris said putting his hands into fists and resting them over one another on his chest. "Totally! I'm gonna be... Super wolf!" Daniel says standing up and doing the same pose as Chris. I cover my mouth in an attempt to not burst out into laughter and Sean rubs the bridge of his nose due to stress. "What's your super name, Sean?" Daniel asks looking at his older brother. "Yeah Sean, what's your superhero name gonna be?" I teasingly ask almost laughing loudly.  Sean saw this as a challenge. "How about... The Silver Runner!" Sean says with confidence. "Not bad track star," I said nodding slightly. "Cool right?" Sean looks at the younger boys. "Not bad!? Daniel approves. "It's true, you're a great runner." Chris approves. "How about you Y/n, what's your superhero name?" Daniel asks. "hmm, I don't know, how about... The Red Panda?" I suggest. Daniel seemed confused. "A panda that's red?" He slightly tilted his head. "No goofball, they're foxes, they're called Red Panda's because their fur grows the same way Panda's do, only red instead of black," I explained. "Pretty cool," Chris shrugged. "Not bad I guess, they sound cool," Daniel nodded. 

"Alright guys, I think we're ready to roll..." Chris' dad walked out of what I assumed to be a bathroom. He stopped to look at me and Sean, "Um excuse me," Chris' father walked towards us, holding out his hand to Sean, "Who are you?" Sean grabbed his hand, "I'm Sean, This is Y/n," I grabbed onto his hand, giving it a slight shake, "Sorry, you must be here for Daniel?" Sean and I shared a glance, "Let's make it official," Chris' father motioned towards himself, "I'm Charles Erkinsan," I glanced at Chris, noticing how much him and his father look alike before smiling at Charles, "Nice to meet you," Sean's focus remained on his younger brother, "I hope you know, Daniel and Chris, are a dangerous team," I let out a chuckle, "We'd better watch out before they take over the world," Sean leans down towards the kids,"Yeah, they share a lot of things, thick as theives,"

Chris looked between everyone, hopping up on his feet, "Can we go get the Christmas tree now? We're all ready to fly!" Charles chuckled, gently shaking his head, "Yes, Yes, Yes, the team has been waiting too long," Charles gently pat's my shoulder, glancing towards Sean, "You guys should come along too," I fidgeted with my f/c jacket sleeve looking back at the kids, "We could but Christmas presents for grandma and grandpa~" Daniel chirped up, trying to convince his older brother. Sean glanced between me and Daniel, probably debating the best choice. "Y/n, what do you think?" I snap back, looking between everyone, "Well,,, I guess we can, but you have to be careful, okay?" Daniel smiled running up and hugging my waist, "Yes! Thanks Y/n!" I chuckle, raffling his hair, "No problem goofball," Chris bounced on his feet, "I wish the boys were excited about going." Daniel let go, walking back to his spot next to chris. "Alright team I,,, Give me a timeout to go clean the backseat," Charles waved off, going to find his shoes

I took a deep breath. Hopefully, if the universe decided to give us a break, We can actually enjoy this. It's been so long since we could enjoy something like getting a Christmas tree.