Early morning

The Next Morning

(Sorry for the long wait, I got sick right in the middle of writing)

That morning Sean and I slept in for a bit. I felt the sunshine onto my face as I slowly opened my eyes. I looked over at sean who was still sleeping. 'Jeez, he could probably sleep for years.' I thought as I slowly sat up, stretching my arms out before looking down at sean's sleeping face again. I rest my right hand on his cheek, gently moving a few pieces of hair out of his eyes with my other. I let out a sigh looking at his peaceful expression. A feeling I rarely ever got to see on him. I was brought out of my thoughts by him sturring in his sleep. "Mornin' sleeping beauty" I chuckled as he opened his eyes. "what time is it" Sean groaned rubbing his eyes. "Time for you to be awake" I replied glancing around the room. 'Daniel's bed is made? Odd' I think glancing at the smaller mattress at the end of the bed. 'where is Daniel?' I wonder before looking back at Sean. "Fuck!" He sighed. "What is it?" Sean pointed to the DrawALot sitting on the bedside table. 'I Am At The Neighbors' It said in big messy letters. I let out a sigh and rub my hands over my face. "I think it's safe to say he never listens," I said scooting up from under the covers. "You just now noticed" He joking said as we got out of bed. "I'll get back to you on that" I heard a chuckle as I closed the door to let Sean have his privacy. I head into the bathroom to get ready for whatever life was going to throw at us today.

I walked downstairs to the quiet living room. I glanced out the window and saw some movement behind Chris' curtains. 'At least they're safe' I thought already feeling the cold from the glass. "Claire?" I heard Sean yell out. "Church," I answered. "There was a note on the door, and it's Sunday," I explained. He nodded before walking around the house. I walked over to the fish tank before bending over and looking in. 'empty, how have I never noticed that before?' I asked myself. I walked into the kitchen and peered around, looking for anything that would be quick to make. 

'where did Claire say her pancake mix was? Or did she make it from scratch?' I thought back to yesterday morning. Claire had a small box and some flour. I nodded my head before opening the cabinet and searching for the box. My mind wandered off on its own and I remembered overhearing Sean and Stephen's conversation. 'Well... He knows at least' I slightly spaced out as I tiptoed up to reach a bowl out of the cabinet. I opened the box and read what other ingredients I needed. A cup of water, Flour, and the mix seemed simple enough. I gently poured roughly two servings of the mix into a bowl and added the flour slowly. I mixed it with a wooden spoon I got from the drawer. I picked up the measuring cup and placed it in the sink. I ran the water and constantly felt how hot it was getting. When it got to a decent temperature I filled up the measuring cup to the 1 cup mark. I turned the faucet off and slowly poured the water into the bowl. "I really should've gotten a whisk out before doing this," I told myself before searching the drawers for a whisk. I opened the last drawer on the cabinet and finally found a few different sized whisks. 'Finally' I sighed before grabbing a medium-sized whisk and returned to the bowl. I put the whisk in the bowl and gently mixed the powder and water. I mixed for a few minutes until the mixture was smooth and smelling delicious. 

I sat the bowl down and was about to look for a pan when the faint sound of clicking attracted my ears. 'clicking? Stephen isn't home so who's on the computer?' I gently closed the cabinet I was looking in and walked into Stephen's office. Sean was leaning over the chair looking at the computer screen. His face seemed troubled as he scanned the screen. I slowly made my way over to him. I rested my chin on his shoulder leaning over the chair right next to him. I only startled him a bit. I then began to read what was on screen. A news thread. theorizing just what happened that horrible day in Seattle. And some people weren't too hesitant on sharing their thoughts. I check back to Sean who seems even more stressed now. "Hey, what if we check Broady's blog?" I ask subconsciously tracing my fingers over the necklace that was gifted to me. "yeah, what was it called again?" He asked putting his fingers over the keyboard. "A Tribe Called West,"  The sound of a computer being typed on fills my ears as Sean begins to look the blog. We skimmed through the blog for a few minutes before Sean closed the tab, and turned to me.

"Stephen went search crazy on us," Sean explained crossing his arms. I shook my head looking at the computer. I noticed another tab and clicked on it out of curiosity. "What's this?" I leaned over the chair again to read the comments. Multiple people referring to Sean, Daniel, Lyla, and I's races, making some horrible comments, even death threats. All because of one accident that happened. "Wow, the world is a fucked up place." I shook my head, feeling sick to my stomach. "yeah," Sean closed the computer. "But, it isn't all bad," He said turning around and walking. "What makes you say that?" I ask following him out of the room. "Because even though we've been through hell, we've been through it together." He said looking at me. I chuckled and grabbed his hand. "Okay, that was so smooth I can't be mad at it." I said laughing. "yeah, yeah, whatever" He rolled his eyes. I gently kissed the back of his hand before walking towards the door. "Come on, let's go get the munchkin," I said looking back at him. "Alright, let's go," he said opening the door. I take one more look towards the unfinished pancakes resting on the kitchen. We'll only be gone a minute. I turn to the door and we walk out.