Confronting My Father/ Apologies

George and I drove for hours until we reached my house. Nervousness swam throughout my body as I closed my eyes inhaling deeply.

"Are you ready?" George whispered as I shortly nodded,

"Yeah, are you?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." George smiled grasping my hand as we approached my front door. My heart raced as I gave three knocks.
******
Inside my parents were watching TV when my father heard the knocks, "ugh who could that be Nancy? It's 3:30!" My father groaned, getting up.

"I don't know William." She responded while returning her soft gaze to the TV screen.

"You never know anything, Nance." He grumbled, walking to the door, opening it.

"Oh Julia, hello George." My father replied growing pale in the face.

"Dad." I replied flatly walking into my house with George.

"Mr. Gardner." George muttered.

"So what brings you two here?" He asked trying to play dumb.

"Save it dad, why else would I come home besides to live here?" I scoffed.

Just then my father's face dropped. He grew sweaty, cleared his throat, "you saw the article?"

"More like heard about it. What's the matter with you? Why would you call me a whore? Your own daughter." I asked as I took a seat in my old kitchen. My mother quieted the TV from the living room and listened in on the conversation.

"Julia I-" he began before I cut him off,

"Enough of the excuses dad!! I'm so sick and tired of-." I shouted as I noticed the article sitting on the corner of the kitchen table

" I shouted as I noticed the article sitting on the corner of the kitchen table

My eyes widened as I stared at the article in disgust. "George! Look at this garbage." I scoffed sliding The rubbish filled article towards him.

George looked at it and felt his heart break, "i don't know what i ever did to you sir. My career is over."

"All thanks to you dad! Ugh, you're disgusting." I gagged as I slid my chair back, getting up, "come on George." I scoffed as I aggressively took the article tearing it in half.

My father grew angry as he stepped towards me, raised his hand and slapped me across the face causing me to fall.

"DONT YOU EVER COME Into my house ACTING LIKE YOU Ain't got no Fucking sense." He roared as I looked up at him with teary eyes.

"And as for you, DONT EVER COME TOWARDS MY DAUGHTER AGAIN." My father yelled as he pushed George against the wall by his shirt collars.

"Sir, with all due respect, Julia is much happier with me and I feel that. Now if you would excuse me, I'd like to leave." George whispered, obviously scared.

"You can leave. Julia isn't going anywhere." My father snapped.

"Well, Mr. Gardner, your daughters belongings are at my home. She must come back." George replied as my father let him go, making George smooth out his shirt.

"I want her back." My father chided as he grunted walking into the living room, "mind your damn business Nancy." He demanded.

"William, you're being ridiculous! I told you not to write that article. Of course, you didn't listen and now look! You've gone mad. You would've never hit Julia. but because she's in a relationship now, it's messing with your head. You need to calm down." My mother replied as my father glanced at her with a cocked eyebrow.

"You're right." He sighed, "what have I done?" He lowly questioned.

"What you need to do is apologize to George for almost ruining his career and you need to apologize to Julia, for slapping her around and calling her a whore." My mother replied as she shooed him off.
*********
I opened my red puffy eyes to see George hovering above me, with his right arm extended, "come on love, I'm taking you home." He lightly smiled as I returned the gesture.

"Good, because this place isn't it." I whispered as my father stepped in making George and I jump.

"Uh- can I talk to my daughter in private please?" My dad whispered with his eyes reading the floor.

"Uh, uh yeah sure." George replied as I called out,

"no! Anything you need to say you can say in front of us." I replied as my father sighed.

"Julia, he's still your father I'll be outside." George replied as he walked away.

"What is it?" I asked, exasperated.

"Julia, honey, you know I love you right?" My father asked as I glanced at him through drenched eyes.

"Yeah, I guess." I shrugged.

"Well, i do a-and I know I've been a Bad father lately but truth is, I'm very proud of your accomplishments and I love you dearly. And I know I hit you at times, but you're still my daughter and I'm still your father, my love for you will never change." He spoke and it was truly the first time I had ever heard my father say he was proud of me.

"Dad." I choked out before bursting out into tears.

We hugged it out as George walked back inside, "all better now?" He chuckled.

"I don't know dad, are we?" I whispered as my father kissed my forehead.

"Of course my lovely daughter. Oh and George I'm going to call the newspaper company and explain to them it was a huge mistake/misunderstanding are we cool?" My father explained.

"We never were not cool Mr. Gardner." George chuckled softly.

Everyone made up, my father canceled the article and I was still able to live with George.

"So when will we see you next Julia?" My parents asked as I kissed them goodbye.

"You'll see me hopefully soon. Perhaps tomorrow or tonight." I smiled as my parents giggled.

"Take good care of her George." My father spoke gently.

"Of course, William, she's all mine." George replied and with that we left.