09

09 : endearments

"Treasure!" I heard Kyu loudly said, running towards me.

He knows how I dislike his endearment for me, but he still calls me that! We have been six months of dating but he still calls me treasure!

"Isa pang treasure, makakatikim ka na talaga." Bulong ko sakanya ng makalapit siya.

"Yie. Pa'no tikim?" He teased. And in a blink of an eye I was pissed and he instantly laughed, pinching my cheeks.

Nakakaasar! Dapat galit ako pero pa'no? Kung ganyan kaganda ang ngiti niya!

I just puffed a breath and focused re-writing my notes. Inusog niya ang upuan niya palapit sa akin at tinabihan ako. He hugged me from the side and leaned his chin on my shoulder. This is his routine every time I'm busy. I don't mind tho, because he's Kim Junkyu. Of course he's clingy!

"Bakit kasi ang sipag sipag mo..." He mumbled.

I chuckeld.

"Ikaw kaya 'tong masipag. Sa'yo nga ako kumukopya ng notes." I stated.

He pouted even more.

"Sa susunod 'di na'ko magno-notes para pareho tayong busy." Now I'm the one who pouted.

"Inside campus, acads—"

"Outside, it's us." He completed my sentence as if he predicted that I'll say this to him again. I just laughed at him and kissed him on the cheek.

Bigla naman siyang umayos ng upo at nginitian ako.

I know Junkyu knows our priorities. He just sometimes gets sad when I'm too busy to even take a glance at him. He understands completely. Sadyang pabebe lang talaga siya! I laughed and mentally scolding myself for backstabbing him in my mind.

"What's funny?" He asked.

"Ang cute mo." I pinch the two sides of his cheek, diverting the topic.

He smiled again and pinched mine.

"Hija, come join me and let's eat together." Papa said when he saw me entering our house.

I just smiled as a response.

In those six months. Papa, Kuya and I, healed. Even mom... We're actually good now. 

And in that process, I learned to not only accept my flaws and love myself, but to appreciate everyone who are in my life. And that includes my family. I learned to forgive and to say sorry. I learned to set aside my ego and forget the past and just turn them into a lesson. I learned and is still learning to become a better version of myself. And all of that was possible because Junkyu was with me through my ups and downs. And he helped me develop my character.