Sunshine ♥

September 23

I woke up to the sound of my radio going off and it would be a love song.

"Someone to care Someone to share Lonely hours And moments of despair To be loved to be loved Oh what a feeling To be loved Someone to kiss Someone to miss When you're away To hear from each day To be loved to be loved (to be loved)Oh what a feeling To be loved."

Of course it would be this song. I wouldn't say I was in love with Ronnie but I did have strong feelings for him especially since yesterday when I felt his strong arm around me while I watched my brother in pain but I had this deep regret that this what me and Ronnie had wasn't gonna last because of our skin colors. Plus we are from two different worlds he probably rich and im middle class. People would have a field day with that rumor. I sighed loudly and flopped on my bed. I heard my door opened but I completely ignored it and to make matters worst it was my brother.

"Hey Jaz I noticed something between you and Sunshine." He said sitting down on my bed great here we go

"mhm." was all I could get out of my throat my brother is gonna tell my parents and disown me.

"Sis it's nothing bad I'm glad your with Sunshine he's nice and a gentlemen. He stay to himself and he's compassionate. So if you guys are dating I approve and so does mom and dad they said as long as your happy." He said smiling and getting up and I put every negative thing about me and sunshine relationship out of my mind and got dressed for school. I heard my best friend downstairs talking to Rev about Petey harassing me. I grabbed my book bag and walked downstairs to meet Tina

"Hey girl.." she said eating an apple

"Hey." I said

"You ready to go." She said grabbing her bag and getting up

"If I wasn't I am now I really didn't have a choice." I said smiling as walked out the door and caught the bus Tina was talking about Allen from football but I couldn't focus I couldn't concentrate on what she was saying all I thought was sunshine. The bus pulled in front of the school I couldn't contain my excitement once the doors open my heart started beating quickly and my hands were getting sweaty I walked through the doors and saw some girl talking to sunshine and next to him was Petey. I mean I wasn't mad or anything or jealous for the simple fact they were just talking and I couldn't let the school know that me and sunshine had a thing for each other so I played cool and walked past him and straight to my class. He walked in after me and I smiled but he didn't say anything to me or anyone he just sat down and grabbed his pen from behind his ear and started writing.

"What's up with your boo?" Tina whispered

I shrugged and started writing too but something was definitely up sunshine would never act like this. Class went by slow maybe because I was actually paying attention in class once the bell rung sunshine left and so did I.

"What's up with sunshine today he gets to be quarterback and suddenly changes on you?" Tina said sucking on a sucker getting stares from guys in the hallway. My mind was in a confused dark place how can he go from one thing to another. I brushed it off my mind and went to my locker grabbing my books for my next class and sunshine walked to my locker. "Now he wants to talk to me ain't that's something"

"I need to talk to you in our spot after school." He said but it wasn't a smile it was sunshine without a smirk or smile on his face and he simply walked away. My mind was so heavy on what he needed to say to me that I wasn't focusing on school work I finished all my work in 40 mins just so I could leave early I left the class after turning in my work ya head tot he bleachers to meet him and he was already there "maybe it's nothing bad Jaz maybe it's something good." I kept repeating to myself as I approached the bleachers.

"Sunshine What's going on yesterday you we were so happy now it's like I don't exist to you.." I said trying to touch his arm but he moved away.

" Look Jaz we can't be together because I don't want my friends knowing I'm dating you plus I'm ashamed of you I can't be seen in public with a black girl me a white guy you know how much hate we would receive for being together?" He said

My heart was broken how could he say all of this who put him up to this I was thinking this was a cruel joke the guys told him to play on me or some dare he had to do but the look on his face said otherwise he was serious and nothing in emotions showed any sadness or regret of what he was saying to me.

"Fine if that's how you feel... You won't see me around anymore... Goodbye Sunshine..." I said with that i left the place we once could kiss nothing would've matter nobody opinions mattered there but ours but he went and ruined it.

I went home and cried in my pillow I locked my door so no one would ask what's wrong I wanted to be left alone and be lonely my heart hurts so bad in my mind I thought it was because we moved so fast but all along it was because I was a black girl...

Sunshine POV:

I cant believe I just said that to hurt "Damn it" I said and punched the bleacher my knuckles started bleeding but I didn't care I lost my one true love all because of jealously and power. I should've listened to him and just told her and took an ass whooping but my fear got in the way there was no way I was getting her not after playing the race card  against her...

Love Has No colorजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें