Big Mama's

October 10th

I woke up in Ronnie embrace I smiled after remembering last night. I looked up to find him sound asleep his radio was still playing Bloodstone Natural High player softly in the background. I ran the tip of my finger along his long eyelashes and rested my hand on his cheek. I didn't care that my makeup was mess up which it probably was and my hair was probably a mess. My finger trail down to his lips which I loved kissing I smiled to myself. I didn't like Sunshine at first I mean he was cute I thought he was going to give me the your cute for a black girl compliment but he has treated me with respect since we been together he's respected my wishes and request and now here I am in his bed naked next to him I blushed he shuffled and wrapped his arms around me he kissed my forehead he was up.

"Good Morning" He said with a groggy voice

"Morning." I replied back smiling

"Mmm it's Saturday morning what do you wanna do?" He asked

"Let's go on an actual date." I said

"Well you know? Someplace aren't integrated" He said I guess recalling last night events with Petey

"Yeah but I know a place." I said getting up grabbing my stuff including my purse that had my personal stuff inside to take a shower

"Ronnie how do you work this?" I asked referring to his shower it was way different from the one at my house he walked over and turned on the shower for me I hopped in and washed up. I heard Ronnie come in and brush his teeth.

"Hey Ronnie is it safe to come in." I heard his dad say knocking on the door Ronnie mumbled something and cracked the door to the bathroom

"Jaz wait for a few minutes my dad is coming in." I heard Ronnie say and the bathroom door closed I stepped out the shower and dried off  I reapplied makeup and put on Ronnie's jersey and my jeans I needed new clothes. I opened the door revealing Sunshine sitting on his bed talking to his dad.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting something I need my shoes." I said

"No I was telling Ronnie that he could borrow my car for you guys date tonight." His dad said smiling leaving the room

"I'm going to drop you off at home so you can change and actually get ready for our date." He said smiling. The ride to my house wasn't bad we spent it holding hands and us singing Ain't No Mountain Enough I was surprise he knew the words to it. He says he heard it in the locker room when they were at training camp. We were at my front door and Ronnie was more nervous than I was meeting his dad. I opened the door revealing my mom and dad dancing to Marvin Gaye Got To Give It Up.

"Mom Dad Ronnie's here." I yelled over the loud music they stopped dancing and looked at Ronnie who pressed his hand against mines firmly

"Ronnie it's nice to finally to meet you." My mom said

"Hi Mrs. Harris and Mr. Harris." Ronnie said and I laughed

"Oh Honey I'm Barbara and This Jerry the first." She said grabbing Ronnie hand leading him over to the couch my mom asked all the questions my dad just looked at him I guess intimidating him.

"Hey Sunshine." I heard my brother say about to leave the house

"Sup" Ronnie replied

"Sunshine?" My dad finally said something

"That's what they guys call me on the team because of my hair is blonde and it was really long before coach made me cut it for football." Ronnie replied

"Your quarter back your that kid that took my son spot.." My dad said I couldn't tell if it was a mad or happy tone guess we are about to find out when Ronnie replies. When he did it got quiet this was a bad plan oh boy..