Conflicted

Swift Wind slowly raised his head. He was so emotionally and physically drained from the day's events that he hadn't even noticed he had dropped Swift-Ra's form a long time ago.

"Feeling better, Swift Wind?"

"Y-Yes, thank you." Swift Wind replied, slowly rising to his hooves.
Angella also rose to her feet, her knees sore from sitting on them for so long.

Swift Wind gasped in horror as he saw that the Queen's clothes were covered in his tears, boogers, and eyeliner.

"I'm so sorr- I'm so sorr-" he attempted to apologize, hiccuping in between his words.

Angella approached the steed and held a finger to his muzzle.

"You have nothing to apologize for, Swift Wind. Would you like to freshen up before going home?"

Swift Wind nodded, accepting the Queen's offer.

Angella gently removed the harness her guard had put on the flying steed earlier, and escorted him inside the castle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bow tiptoed out of Glimmer's room to avoid waking the sleeping princess.

He headed over to the throne room, intent on updating the Queen.

A guard noticed the young archer tiptoeing, tilting their head in confusion.

Bow answered the unspoken question by pointing to the door to Glimmer's room and making the universal "Shh!" gesture.

The guard nodded.

"The Queen shall be informed at once." The guard whispered.

"N-no, t-that's ok. I'm al-I'm already going there." Bow replied, still not comfortable talking to the guards even after knowing Glimmer for all those years.

"I know you mean well, Bow, but us guards could lose our jobs if we learn something and don't report it to the Queen."

Bow nodded in understanding.

"C-Can I still come, though? I haven't seen Swiftie since the battle and I wanna make sure he's okay."

"Of course. Truthfully, I've been wondering the same."

The guard escorted Bow to the throne room.

When they entered the throne room, Bow was surprised to see Swift Wind standing next to Angella, who seemed to be whispering to the flying unicorn.

"My Queen?"

Angella looked up and turned at her title.

"Magnolia, report."

"Yes, Your Majesty. The Commander has fallen asleep."

Angella internally sighed in relief. ("Thank the First Ones. She needs it after the day she's had.")

"Thank you for informing me, Magnolia. Anything else to report?"

"That is all, my Queen."

"Dismissed."

Magnolia saluted and left.

"She seems nice." Bow commented.

Swift Wind nodded in agreement.

"She's the one who escorted me to Glimmer's room yesterday."

Bow was about to ask if Swift Wind was ok when he noticed his ruined eyeliner and immediately put 1+1 together.

"Awwww, Swiftie...." Bow cupped Swift Winds muzzle and used some of Glimmer's makeup wipes to wash off the ruined eyeliner.

"Thanks. I *really* need to buy some waterproof eyeliner." Swift Wind joked.