Birth Parents

Gwen's Age: 9

Gwen walks into the living room and crawls onto the couch next to her dads. The little girl looked like she had something important to say, so her parents gave their full attention.

"What is it, sweety?" Sam asked.

"Papa, Daddy....what were my birth parents like?" Gwen asked shyly.

Bucky and Sam give each other worried looks.

"What are we supposed to tell her?" Bucky asked whispering.

"The truth of course. She has the right to know about her birth parents." Sam replied whispering.

They turn their attention back to their daughter. Sam pats his lap, then Gwen sits there.

"Now, we don't know much, cause we didn't know them personally. But what we do know is that they were good people and they loved you very much." Sam told Gwen.

"Their names were Helen and George Stacy. Your birth father was captain of the NYPD. They died shortly after you were born." Bucky said.

"How did they die?" Gwen asked.

"Your mom got really sick and couldn't get better. And Captain Stacy died on the job, protecting someone." Sam explained.

"So he was a hero, like you and Daddy?" Gwen questioned.

"Yes, he was." replied Sam.

"Gwen, what made you want to know about your birth parents?" Bucky asked.

"I was just curious." Gwen answered.

"Well, are you happy with the answer we gave you?" Sam asked stroking his daughter's hair.

She nods then hugs Sam. He hugs back and pulls Bucky in. The three of them snuggle on the couch and watch disney movies.