Flu Season

Gwen's Age: 9

Everyone's least favorite season is flu season, especially when you're a parent. The kid gets sick from someone else at school then the parents catch it next; that's what always happens. Right now, Sam is having to deal with both Gwen and Bucky having the flu. And what's annoying is that Bucky is being way more whiny than Gwen is, and she's nine years old. As of this moment, Sam is washing the dishes while Gwen and Bucky take a nap in the other room.

"Sammmy!" Bucky called out in his nasaly voice.

Rolling his eyes, Sam turns off the faucet and dries his hands. Then he walks into the bedroom and sits next to Bucky.

"What is it, my dear husband?" Sam asked pushing back Bucky's bangs.

"Gwen and I are borrred." Bucky replied.

"Well, what do you guys want to do?" Sam asked his husband and daughter.

"Let's watch cartoons." Gwen suggested.

"Yeah, and snuggles. Cartoons and snuggles!" Bucky added.

Sam couldn't help but smile at how adorable his sick little babies were being. The three of them settle on the couch with Gwen and Bucky laying their heads on Sam's lap.

"What do you want to watch, Gwen?" asked Sam.

"My Little Pony!" Gwen answered.

"Okay, baby." Sam said picking up the remote.

For the afternoon, the family of three watch the colorful ponies while snuggled up on the couch.

"Diamond Tiara is such a b**ch." Bucky commented.

"Bucky! Don't talk like that in front of Gwen." Sam said nudging his husband.

"He's not wrong though." said Gwen.

Sam chuckles while shaking his head, he didn't deny that the pony was indeed cruel and mean.

"I know that, but you still shouldn't say that word." said Sam.

"Alright." Bucky said.

Bucky grabs Sam's hand and interlocks their fingers. They end up watching three seasons before going to bed.