Chapter 5

5 - Nothing Happened

Anya's POV

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed.

I realized that I was naked from the waist down, finalizing that last night wasn't a dream.

My face blew up as I quickly looked around, Nola and my hoodie was gone.

It really wasn't a dream!

I got ready and left for class with bags underneath my eyes but a smile spread across my face.

Not even my hangover could stop this smile.

The day went by in a breeze, and I was relieved that I didn't run into Nola.

While I was walking down the hall to leave, Nola and a group of friends were coming my way.

I spoke too damn soon.

I really wanted to turn around but this was the only way to the parking lot.

Me and Nola made direct eye contact.

Oh, shit...

She gave me a bland look and walked past me as if nothing happened last night.

My heart dropped and I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding.

Right, I'm supposed to act like I don't know her.

I quickly picked up my pace and found my car, slamming the door shut after I got in.

What'd I expect? Yesterday was just a happy accident. It'll never happen again.

I took a deep breath and collected myself, driving straight to work.

I worked part-time at Starbucks with my best friend, Jess.

I let out a sigh as I was cleaning the dishes.

"What's wrong with you? You stay up all night fingering yourself to Reese's live again?" She snickered, coming up out of nowhere.

My face blew up and I quickly yelled, "N-No!! What's wrong with you?"

She laughed at me. "I can't help but tease you, look at your face! Besides, you look hella tired."

I simply sucked my teeth at her. "I'm hungover."

"Oh, yeah! You went to her party the other night, you had fun?" She asked.

"It was alright..." I mumbled.

"I'd honestly let her fuck the shit out me, f'real. She's fine as hell..." Jess said on purpose.

"Be quiet!" I yelled silently as I slapped her with my wet glove and she busted out laughing.

"What's going on back here?" Our manager questioned as she came towards us.

"Nothing." We both said in sync and she eyed us.

"Y'all better not be back here being gay..." She said and it took everything in us to not laugh.

"It's not even like that, miss..." I told her and she eyed us again before she walked away.

"Mhm! Do your damn job!" She yelled from afar and we silently began to bust into laughter.

"Aye... Jess..." I said once we calmed down.

"Yeah?" She questioned.

"What you know about Reese's?" I asked.