Chapter 26

26 - Realization

Nola's POV

"...a date." Is all that I really heard.

I felt sick as I looked away from Anya.

Shit. Why did that just remind me of her?

"I gotta use it." I said, quickly getting up.

"Oh, okay..." Anya responded and she continued to eat her food.

I went to the bathroom and washed my face, trying to drown those memories.

It makes me physically sick when I think about her, every single time.

I still felt nauseous as I held onto the edge of the sink, trying to regain my composure.

This is bad.

I think Anya is catching feelings for me. No. I know she is. Of course, she's a fan.

I knew this was a mistake.

A date? My fucking ass. Chill the fuck out, you're just a fuck buddy.

I need to start distancing myself from her before things get messy. There's no way that I'm letting myself fall in love again, it's not real.

--

Anya's POV

I walked into my room in my night clothes, freshly out of the shower.

I unwrapped my hair as I sat on my bed, sighing.

I wonder why Nola left without saying anything. Hopefully she got home safe.

I texted her but she hasn't responded yet, so all I've got is hope for now.

Today was fun though, I got to learn about her.

I'm sad she left like that, but at least she had fun. Maybe I went too far with the doing what I want thing?

I thought about it for a second and shook my head, "Nah..." Not after what I went through.

It really hurt. That shit still hurts at this moment, but I've been bearing with the pain.

Why'd she even get so mad that day? And why'd she think I liked Cheryl? Was she jealous?

I sprung up as realization hit me. Then I shook my head, "Nah..." Nola's not the type.

...Wait. But all the signs support that. There's no other explanation. Does that mean she likes me!?

I smacked my hands against my face and shook my head furiously at myself.

I'm going overboard. There's not a chance of that being true. It would be nice though...

She'd be way nicer, for sure. We could go on actual dates. And the sex... would be different.

If only she liked me like I liked her.

--

A couple of weeks have gone by since the day that me and Nola spent together.

I haven't seen her since but I'm not worried.

It was time for exams, so she must've been busy studying. I know I've been.

It's just weird she's never responded or read none of my messages since that day. But she has been going live on instagram...

Nah, I'm not worried. I'll see her at school, everyone's required to come in during exams.

I let my bag down as I walked into class.

"Nola! What's up!?" I heard someone shout from behind me and my heart sped up.

I looked over to see Nola walking in.

"Hey. You guys ready for testing?" She smiled at her friends as she sat down with them.

She looked so good today.

We finished our first round, and everyone was having their own little conversations.

Nola hadn't acknowledged me once, I didn't expect her to neither but she could at least say Hi.

It's not like I'm going to scream out in class, 'Aye, we fucking!' Like shit.

The professor dismissed us early and I walked out of class sad, with a frown.

"Yo, Anya! C'mere right quick!" Shouted a voice, and I immediately recognized Deebo from the party. Man... not you, again.

She approached me and suddenly dropped this heavy ass box into my arms.

"Help me bring 'dis downstairs." She told me, and before I could respond, she walked away.

What the fuck?

"I'll show you where to put 'em." She said, leading the way. I couldn't just drop them like I wanted, they were school textbooks.

I had no choice but to follow her.

These shits are heavy! But everyone was too busy in their own shit to notice me struggling.

We walked into a hallway and I saw Nola laughing with some friends.

Yes! She'll help me...

I felt instant relief wash over me as we made eye contact and she came towards me.

"You want some help?" She asked as I sighed.

"Thanks, man!" I heard beside me, and I look up to see her helping Deebo out with one bag that held a one liter soda.

...What the fuck.

"What you stopping for? Put that on the table in there!" Deebo snapped at me.

I sucked my teeth but composed myself as I went past her, dropping the box once I got inside.

Shit... I thought I was going to pass out.

I stayed crouched down as I tried to catch my breath, my lungs burned.

When I looked up, I made direct eye contact with Nola. She had this bothered look on her face, like she wanted to say something to me.

I stood up as I sucked in a breath and started walking towards her. "Aye... are you alright?" I asked, giving her a genuine smile.

She turned her back to me before I could catch up with her, and walked away.

My heart dropped into the sizzling acid at the bottom of my stomach.

I'm confused. Did I do something wrong?

To be continued...
Published - 10/11/19