Chapter 21

21 - Smooth Operator

Anya's POV

I finished getting ready to leave, since Nola swore that I 'overstayed my welcome' again.

I slid my bookbag on as my gaze slipped to the box that sat at the foot of her bed.

"What you plan to do with those?" I asked.

Nola seemed confused for a brief second before she realized what I was talking about.

"I don't know... probably just throw them away. It's not like I need them." She shrugged.

"Are you dumb?!" I blurted out, "There's a bunch of things still in they boxes. Give'em to me."

Nola looked at me with her brow arched. "Why? What do you need them for?"

"It's just... it's dumb to throw them out. There's some of these that I wanna try..." I said, picking up the box off her bedroom floor.

I'm sure Jess would want some of these, too.

"You're going to use them on someone else?" Nola asked as her tone shifted with repulsion.

"Nigga, did I say that?" I questioned.

"Then, what? You just said you didn't like it."

I didn't like how you did it.

"That's because you had me cuffed, and blindfolded. Plus, it wasn't like you was gentle."

Nola stared at me before scoffing. "I don't give a fuck. Do whatever you want with them."

Dang. Does she always have to be so mean?

--

It was a super slow day, I was on my phone watching some videos that Jess sent me.

She was off today, sadly.

I'm convinced that authentic lesbian porn isn't available anywhere but on Twitter.

"Excuse me?" A voice frightened me as I frantically put my phone into my back pocket.

"Y-Yeah, what can I get you today?" I asked.

Oh! It's Cheryl!

She smiled at me. "Hey, you guys are still open, right? I noticed it was empty inside."

I nodded. "Oh, yeah. It's just a slow day today."

"Oh, then may I get caffe latte, please?"

She's so polite, I wonder why Nola hates her...

"Coming right up." I smiled.

I finished the transaction and started on her latte. But she didn't move from her spot.

She stayed standing in front of the register.

I could feel her gaze on me even with my back turned and it made me jittery. 

I'm gonna fuck up her drink if she keeps it up.

I turned towards her. "...Uh. You mind sitting while you wait? I'll bring your drink to you."

"Oh, thank you." She said as she smiled at me before walking over to one of the tables.

After I finished making her latte, I brought it to her like I promised and she thanked me again.

"I see you're working alone today."

"Oh, yeah. I usually work closing shifts on my own or with my friend." I told her.

"Then, since there aren't much customers coming in... do you mind if we talk?" She asked me.

"...Uh. Alright." I shrugged, pulling out a chair and sitting down.

"What's your name?"

"It's Anya. Anya Moore."

"Beautiful name. Do you intend the university behind here?" She asked.

"Yeah."

"What's your major?"

"Business Administration."

"Oh, really? You must know Nola Evans, then. She's pretty popular around school, isn't she?"

Hearing her name out of someone else's mouth made my heart beat a little faster as I laughed.

"Yeah, I guess. She's in my class."

"I knew it. That kid just can't stay out of the spotlight. We met here the other day, remember?"

"Yeah..." I answered with another light laugh.

"Are you and her close?" She said, "She has a hard time making friends with other studs."

"Nah. I run into her sometimes but that's it."

How'd we end up talking about Nola? I kinda wanna learn more about her though.

"I hope you don't mind me asking questions. She doesn't tell me about school so I'm curious."

"It's no problem." I smiled politely.

"She makes a lot of friends, doesn't she? She's always been popular, girls flock around her." She laughed, "That's why her relationships never work."

I simply laughed slightly in response.

"Since you're her classmate, do you know if she's dating anyone?" Cheryl asked.

"I don't really know her, f'real. My bad." I said, beginning to force a smile on my face.

"Oh, alright." She said, seeming to back off. "This coffee is great. I had to come back to get seconds after I couldn't get the taste off my mind."

My mind drifted off while she was talking.

I didn't know Nola dated before. She seemed so pressed about the topic itself.

"So, did you try those sex toys with Nola?"

"Yeah, we tried but I ain't like it..." I answered absentmindedly.

I instantly sat up straight in my chair as I realized what I just said. "Wait! I ain't mean–!"

She started laughing as she proclaimed, "I knew it! Holy shit... it's so obvious. I knew it from the moment that I asked her if she knew you."

Oh, shit... Nola's finna kill me.

To be continued...
Published - 8/23/19

- quick and simple since y'all crying