A Party

March, 2019

Out of nowhere you decided to throw a party, Atleast that's what I thought. But came to know it your anniversary with her. How long were you hiding this from the world?

Me and Seokjin are barely three months.

So we went to the party and everything was nice and well. I tried not to feel down and Seokjin tried his best to cheer me up. He never left a chance today to show me off that I'm his girlfriend.

It was getting late and I wanted to leave when suddenly the lights went off. The lights focused only on your girlfriend. She was confused just as we were.

You came into the view as lights focused on you too now. You walked towards her. You thanked us for coming and then got on your knees.
You proposed her.

I felt something hit me hard and my eyes were burning. Seokjin immediately hold my hand.

She covered her mouth and nod her head. You slip the ring on her finger and then you both hug. People started clapping and cheering.

You got engaged to someone else.

I could feel Seokjin looking at me. He whispered “Let's go." I wasn't moving. He then pulled me and drove us back to our shared apartment.

I kept thinking about it over and over again. I tried not to cry, for Seokjin. He is trying so hard everyday. I can't let him know.

None of us uttered a single word until we are in the apartment. Seokjin came and hugged me and said “Right now I know I shouldn't ask this question to you but y/n, what am I lacking?”

I was dumbfounded. I asked “What do you mean?” my voice cracked.
Suddenly I don't know what possessed him but his voice got deeper. He was angry. He said “Oh you know exactly what I mean. What does Namjoon have that I don't?”

I broke the hug and ask him “Why are you angry at me?” he sighed and said “Why? Can't I be angry for atleast once?”

I called out his name but he continued “Namjoon treats you like shit, I always treat you like a queen and I love you. He never got to know you! He doesn't know what you like or feel but I do! I know you so much better, I understand you so much more than he ever did yet you still like him and not me. Why wouldn't it make me angry?”

I apologized as I didn't had anything else to say. He facepalms and groans. He said “Why are you sorry? Y/n, I didn't meant to shout at you. But have you ever thought how I feel? You are in pain seeing Namjoon with another girl right? Have you ever thought how I feel knowing that the person you love the most doesn't like you, yet in a forceful relationship loving someone else.”

I left the room after saying “I think we both need some space. Let's talk tomorrow.”