Chapter 2

I felt myself being set down onto a cold surface. With the lack of electric shocks I opened my eyes. Alpha was sitting on a chair next to the bed I was laying on.

Alpha noticed that I was awake and he scooted his chair closer.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" He asked me gently. Resting his hand on the back of my paw. Comforting me. I pulled away, not wanting to feel the feeling of secureness and peace.

I laid my head down on my paws but kept quiet. Daniel came in.

"Hey there. How are we doing?" I held very still as Daniel came closer to me. I tensed up but didn't move.

Daniel started by grabbing out a tool thing that had a circle on one end, and 2 ear things on the other side. He put the 2 ends in his ears and walked over to me holding out the circle.

I whined and scooted back as far as I could. But Daniel followed me slowly, then rested the circle on my chest. He listened for a bit and pulled it away.

I sighed in relief.

"Her heart rate is up a bit. But that could be because she is scared and confused." Alpha just nodded his head and looked back at me. Daniel then set down his tool thing and grabbed a little stick. He pushed a button and it flashed a light. It was like a mini flashlight.

He started at my face. I just held really still, ready for the pain to begin.

"Open your eyes sweetie." Daniel said calmly. I slowly opened them and Daniel shinned the light in my eye. He continued to look at my nose, mouth, ears, and the fur on my head. Marking things down on his paper.

"Now, the shirt is starting to drip so why don't we bring you to the bath-tub and get you cleaned up? Ok? Then we can help you shift so the wounds can start to heal. Is that ok?" Daniel asked me. I just held very still. But nodded my head remembering that I need to answer when I am asked a question.

Alpha picked me up and brought me over to a giant rectangular bowl thing. Daniel flipped a lever and water came pouring out of a hole in the side of the thing. I whimpered.

"Hey, it's ok. It's just the bath-tub." Alpha said to me in a quiet calming tone. I watched the water as it drained down the hole on the side of the 'bath-tub.' After a tiny bit of Daniel feeling the water Alpha started to set me into the water.

I struggled and wiggled and pushed to get out of his grip. Not wanted to go into the water. But Alpha was stronger and he gently laid me down into the warm water. I stayed there, stiff and tense, while Daniel and Alpha worked to clean my fur. The water was a mixture of black, brown, and red.

After a few minutes of constant cleaning and rubbing, which hurt a lot, the water finally started looking clear again. They turned off the water and dried me off.

"Ok sweetie, now you are going to have to shift. We will help you." Daniel said to me. I shivered, the air was cold when you are wet. I looked at Alpha as he looked at me. I looked at myself and was shocked to see that I was a white wolf! Pure white, still with that black dipped tail. He was looking at my white fur with curiosity.

"Think of your human form, picture yourself, close your eyes. Feel yourself changing back into that form." I did as he said and I cried out in pain. I felt my bones snapping and moving, my face tingled and moved. Then, it was gone. I opened my eyes to see that I was human again.

Alpha gave me a shirt and shorts to put on and I slipped them on embarrassed. My long hair reached down to my hips, it was slightly wavy and a bright blonde color. My eyes were a sparkling green with a ring of blue along the outside.