Chapter 7

~~Light Editing~~

____________________________

"You're father is alive, and he is the King of Werewolves."

____________________________

"What?" I whisper yelled. "He is alive?"

"I believe so. The evidence is highly in his favor."

"Bu- H-How? Wha- When? Why?" I stuttered and whispered, so many questions and feelings hitting me all at once.

"His nickname was Alpha and King, his name is Alex, he is the leader of the CelestialHowls, he sounds like a werewolf from your mothers descriptions, and your mother is human so your father must be a werewolf." Nathan began. "And I know for a fact that the king's name is Alex, he has no known family and the royal pack is called the CelestialHowls."

"There also was no evidence of the crash..." I whispered, putting all the pieces together fully.

"Exactly."

"But if he is a werewolf, then by the way Mom explained meeting him for the first time, it made it sound like he was her mate. Then why did he leave? Why did he fake his death? Why didn't he come back for me?" I asked quietly. Nathan sighed loudly.

"I don't know Bailey. I really don't know..." He said while running his hand over his face. I was still trying to wrap my mind around the thought that my father is still alive. But not only alive, he is a KING for goodness sake. The king of all werewolves!

I didn't voice my thoughts even though I wanted to. I was getting close to used to this new life for me, without Aaron.

Aaron... wait... if Dad didn't leave then I wouldn't have had to live with that monster for 11 years of my life!

"Bailey?" Nathan said softly to me. "What's wrong baby? I feel waves of anger washing off of you. I have never felt this before. What's going on?" His hand slowly touched my arm, instantly calming my nerves down. I took a deep breath and put on a fake smile.

"I'm fine." I whispered. He sighed.

"You don't have to lie around me darling. I can see through that smile and hear the edge in your voice. What's wrong?" I closed my eyes and looked away.

"I-I'm just mad at my father." I whispered. "If he wouldn't have left, I wouldn't have had to live with Aaron..." I heard Nathan growl and I jumped, the hairs on my skin stood straight up and my skin crawled.  Nathan saw my reaction and sighed, running his hand over his face again.

"I'm sorry Angel. I wasn't growling at you, I didn't mean to scare you. I just couldn't help it when you spoke his name. He hurt you and he will pay, one day." I kept my mouth closed and nodded my head. I looked out the window and the world became a blur as I wrapped my mind around the thought. 

Nathan put his hand on mine but kept his eyes on the road. His large hand completely covered mine. Instead of focusing on the thought of my dad and the things what life would be like if he hadn't left, I focused on the warmth that radiated off of him and the electric shocks coating my hand, spreading up my arm and over my body. 

My heart started to flutter as I thought more about Nathan. How he has always been there for me. His eyes, touch, looks, his charm, and more. My heart rate quickened as realization hit me. 

He is way to good for me... He is so perfect and I am just so... me. He deserves way more than me. He deserves someone just as perfect. I can't be that someone. Why does he even want me?  How does he even want me? I'm nothing special and I am far from perfect. Even if I'm not with him now, he has still ruined me. I am worth nothing and am nothing