Chpater 3

"GIRL!" Aaron's voice screamed through the house. I woke up and ran over to him before I got punished. My foot caught on the edge of the carpet and I went flying on my face. I gasped and scrambled up to my feet but I fell again. I finally stood up and ran the rest of the way over to him. 

"What took you so long?" He hissed. 

"S-Sorry Master. I was asleep and didn't hear your call. Then I tripped over the carpet. I am sorry Master." I whimpered. 

"That is no excuse!"  He roared in my face. I whimpered again. His fist collided with my cheek and I fell to the ground in a heap. 

"You are useless." He kicked me in the gut. "You're garbage." Another kick. "Only good for work." 

After each name he called me, he kicked me. 'Waste of food. Waste of air. Waste of life. Worthless. Pathetic.' the list just went on and on. I screamed and covered my ears. I curled into a tinier ball, hoping the pain would end. 

"PLEASE MASTER! Stop!" I cried out. "No!"  He just kept kicking me and calling me names.

"BAILEY!" A different voice yelled. Again and again it called my name but Aaron was still there kicking me. Finally I felt a strong hand grip my arm and tingles erupted from the touch and I shot awake. 

I was breathing really heavy, my eyes were wide open, my throat was sore. I whimpered and curled into a ball, pulling my legs up to my chest and hugged them. 

The bed dipped down by me and I felt 2 arms pull me into a hug. I flinched when his hands touched me but I didn't move. 

"It's ok, Bailey. You're ok now. They are not hurting you anymore." Nathan cooed me. My head was resting against his firm chest. Tingles coated my body, trying to get me to relax. Nathan's scent surrounded me, calming my nerves. 

"You want to talk about it? That's what always helped me." Nathan asked me softly. I shook my head no. "Ok. Do you want anything? Water? Food?" I shook my head no again. 

I was shaking while I closed my eyes tight. Nathan just held me close. It was comforting, I almost let myself relax and get comfortable when I remembered what I was. I was a waste of air, useless, no good. So I stiffened up and breathed through my mouth so I would get less of his calming scent. 

"Bailey, just relax Angel." Nathan said, he must have noticed my stiffness. "You are ok now." But I didn't fall for his trickery. We sat in silence like this for a little bit. I took this chance to look around. 

I was laying on an actual bed for literally the first time since Aaron took me. The comforter was soft and fluffy. 

The room itself was huge! I could just faintly see the back wall through the darkness. A could see a large tv and a couch as well. I couldn't look to the sides of me because Nathan was there. 

"Want to go eat breakfast Angel?" I shook my head no. 

"I can go make it though." I whispered. 

"No honey. You don't have to do that." He whispered back. "We have cooks doing it." 

"Ok." 

"Why don't we head down, ok? Maybe when you see the food you would want some?" I just nodded my head. Not wanting to argue. 

Nathan got off the bed and I followed. I stood up to my full height of like 5'5'. Nathan towered over me, easily past 6 foot. My skinny figure looked even smaller next to him. He reached out his hand and I slowly put my tiny bony hand in his. 

He smiled and walked over to the door. We stepped out into the light. I looked around at the nice walls and the bright new lights. It was nothing like Aaron's house. This place was HUGE!